Help!! South Farnham Infant School admission

(5 Posts)
poligera Mon 28-Mar-16 17:31:34

Hello, we are hoping to move to Farnham very close to South Farnham Junior School and the Station. However, our daughter will be turning 4 next June, so will need an infant school. Their Admission Policy for Infant School says: "5. All other applicants - This will be measured in a straight line from the address point of the child’s home, as set by Ordnance Survey, to the nominated gate at either site." Does it mean that we can live close to either site and have a good chance of getting into the Infant School, even though the sites are 1.2 miles away?
Also if you have any other tips on admissions, atmosphere etc - please share. We are in Guildford at the moment.
Thanks in advance!

MNKingstonSurrey Tue 14-Jun-16 18:16:12

Thanks for your post, sorry nobody's replied confused.

We've shared it on our Facebook page (broadcast this evening), hopefully you'll see feedback shortly smile

tearevivesyou Wed 15-Jun-16 11:39:37

I have a friend who moved to two roads away from the Juniors and still didn't get in.

None of my business but there are loads of good schools in Farnham. Results aren't everything.

FoxSticks Wed 15-Jun-16 23:01:31

When you say two sites do you mean Highfield and South Farnham?

tearevivesyou Thu 16-Jun-16 00:11:26

Oh yes, Highfield was until recently Pilgrim's Way. Has just been taken under South Farnham's umbrella and renamed but by no means part of the same school I don't think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now