Moving from Scotland to Surrey

(2 Posts)
Mrs1984 Mon 11-Apr-16 14:47:22

Hi everyone, I am looking for some ideas of nice family-friendly villages to live near to Sutton. My husband has been told there is an opportunity to move and work in the office in Sutton for 12 months. We currently live in Aberdeen in a leafy village. We have a 4 year old son, a 7 month old baby and another baby due in October. We dont want to live in a very expensive area but we dont want to never see my husband if he has to commute hours a day to get to Sutton. Any suggestions to let me get researching would be so helpful please! We dont have a budget yet!

Lambly Wed 13-Apr-16 09:51:11

Hi Mrs,

Sounds like an exciting move for you and your family! I lived pretty centrally in Sutton (about a 15 minute walk from the town centre) for a while and have to say really enjoyed it. I don't have any kids of my own, but do have a 5 year old DSD who stayed with us every weekend and there were plenty of things to get her involved with, whilst it still felt safe and residential. In terms of cost, we rented a 2 bed double bed flat for around £1050 pcm, which is pretty reasonable for that area, however if your DH can save money by walking to work, that that has to be a bonus!

If you want a bit of separation between his work and home life, Banstead, Belmont, Cheam and Worcester Park are also nice family areas. Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more info!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now