Haslemere help please

(5 Posts)
Avapops79 Fri 15-Jul-16 10:44:51

We are thinking of moving to Haslemere from Richmond. My daughter is due to start reception in September so keen to hear about primary schools, best areas to live, ones to avoid!! Please and thank you.

farnhamflowerpot Fri 15-Jul-16 18:51:46

St Ives in Haslemere (all girls) and St Edmunds at Hindhead (mixed) are both good. But both are private. Not sure about state schools...

Farnham, I think, has better state schools - South Farnham being one of them. Check their catchment area - they have made it smaller due to high demand. Similar journey times into Waterloo, too.

HaslemereLass Fri 15-Jul-16 22:18:35

There aren't really any bad state school in Haslemere but you need to live close to some to get in.
There are many good private schools.
It's good to live close to the station if you need to commute or you need to get there very early if you plan to park.
Shottermill tends to be a bit cheaper as slightly further from station but still in reach.

MoreJuice Fri 15-Jul-16 22:59:17

St Barts and Camelsdale will have waiting lists ( state) not sure about the other ones but Grayswood is a good school on the outskirts of Haslemere and used to have shorter waiting lists.

Lifetofull Mon 08-Aug-16 09:46:04

I would also suggest you look at St Ives School before September. It's a wonderful school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now