Are you one of the 33% of women affected by a weak pelvic floor?

(9 Posts)
WhitePharmacy Fri 09-Sep-16 17:10:57

With so many health issues related to weak pelvic floor muscles we wanted to write a comprehensive FAQ with all the relevant information in one place goo.gl/wcYnDO

We are a local trusted and reliable on-line pharmacy and are very interested to hear what you think?

We are also running a competition for the chance to win your very own pelvic floor exerciser #elvie which is worth £149! Please enter here

We also have blogs written by our gynaecologist and health advisors here

MNKingstonSurrey Thu 15-Sep-16 10:05:34

Hello, do let us know if you've clicked on the links above and if they're useful to you.

White Pharmacy would love to hear feedback and to know if what they're doing is beneficial.

Go on, don't be shy!

blush

BrightSilverDragon Thu 15-Sep-16 16:01:50

I've clicked. The tips are helpful, if nothing other than a reminder that I should do Kegels a bit more! blush

MNKingstonSurrey Thu 15-Sep-16 17:05:22

grin

WhitePharmacy Thu 15-Sep-16 17:13:02

Many thanks for your feedback and glad they are helpful smile

Was there anything missing/more info you would like to see?

yearofthehorse Fri 16-Sep-16 17:01:23

I've clicked. I've known that I've had problems for some time and seen 2 gynaecologist, both of whom told me there was no reason that I should stop running and playing tennis. (I have stopped now but a little too late I feel). I have no control over my pelvic floor and am unable to find the muscles to move them. The tips confirm that I meet most of the conditions of someone who might develop a prolapse.

WhitePharmacy Fri 16-Sep-16 17:18:07

Many thanks for your feedback and glad our FAQ's were helpful - the best advise, at this stage, would be to consult your GP as soon as possible to review your condition with them.

DIYwannabe Fri 16-Sep-16 20:19:44

I clicked in all the links.

Quite timely as i have just been put onto HRT and while I've done a lot of research on the topic i hadn't seen any link between perimenopause and the pelvic floor region and possible prolapse.

The Q&A section wasn't very appealing. I think it would have been better to have a general paragraph on the topic and THEN some Q&A that are more to the point. It reads a little like an early draft I'm afraid. All the information is there but it was quite a task to get through it all- many people use mobile devices and neding to cickmin eac and every question to get the answers seems like an overkill. Why not have all the questions at the top and ALL the answers below, with links that will take you to just one answer if you want, but all the answers visble if you want to have read of them all.

I liked the blog posts - while i suspect they could have all been dealt with in 3 posts i can see that people are more likely to look a the post the think is more relevant to them.

I took the opportunity to browse some of your other blog posts, and I really like what you have done. However labelling it 'intimate wellbeing' seems odd. Whats wrong with 'pelvic floor' or something like that? Why are you beating around the bush with the headers?! And the lack of menopause or perimenopause categories is odd, some of the posts would be able to come up in more than one category, such as 'The Menopause and Your Pelvic Floor'.

WhitePharmacy Sat 17-Sep-16 08:21:27

Many thanks for your honest feedback which is extremely useful. It is really important to us, that we listen to feedback (good and bad) so that we can make the information and experience of our site more user friendly and easier to access.

The reason we chose 'intimate wellbeing' is that the pelvic floor and personal lubricants (which needs to be made more obvious) are our first 2 products within this category/service which we are growing - but point taken if all you can see is pelvic floor this might seem a bit like we are "beating around the bush" to not call it pelvic floor.

With the blogs we wanted to try and give as much varied information as possible but am glad you have highlighted we could have more information on the menopause. We have written another blog with Dr Louise R Newson aka www.menopausedoctor.co.uk which discusses the menopause - so will let you know when this goes live.

Not sure if you got to look around the product pages i.e.

www.whitepharmacy.co.uk/kegelsmart/360 - where we tried to give as much info as possible and all the products we are selling, we have tested and have written about under "our experiences".

Finally, very interested to know what other products or services you think we could offer under "intimate wellbeing" that you would find useful to have access to on-line? If this is something you'd rather not discuss on the forum or at all totally understand ;-) please drop us an email at admin@whitepharmacy.co.uk if you do have any thoughts?

Once again thanks for taking the time to visit our site and for your feedback - (I now need to go and speak kindly to IT smile)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now