Where to live - Surrey / Kent

(3 Posts)
qzzie Thu 15-Sep-16 13:41:35

Thought to tap into some advice on best thing to do. DH and I are currently renting in Guildford and looking to buy. We’ve lived in Guildford for about 2 years but not too familiar with surroundings apart from Guildford itself and Godalming.

I have the option of working in Guildford or London, and DH works in Reigate. We’ve been looking at places in between Guildford and Reigate – as well as up to Tunbridge Wells.

We ideally want a house with minimum 2 bed with a garden. Budget is tight at £325k. (Ideally £290k but I know this is pushing it).

We like the market town feel, cobbled streets, character building, pedestrianised area and it’s nice to just walk into town centre during weekends.

So far options are:
- Guildford outskirts
- Godalming outskirts

But are there better town options where we could buy in the town centre instead of outskirts?

We don’t have a busy nightlife and like the independent cafes. No kids yet so not too worried about schools and catchment area for now.

Many thanks in advance!

Evalina Thu 13-Oct-16 22:29:27

How about Farncombe? One stop from Guildford so easy to get in for shopping and restaurants etc. Also close to Godalming - walking distance or again one stop on the train.

This 2 bed with a garden, walking distance from a train station is on at £329k.

www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-56453389.html

Just realised you posted about a month ago - did you find anywhere?

T1mum3 Sat 19-Nov-16 17:39:31

Coming to this thread late, but what about somewhere like Horsham? It's about 30 minutes into Guildford by car and about 40 minutes to Reigate. You get a lot more for your money than if you are further north and Horsham is a fantastic town www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62558435.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now