Can I get a seat on the train in Godalming, Haslemere, Weybridge or Dorking?

(6 Posts)
hg1970 Thu 22-Sep-16 17:16:19

Hi there

I'm looking to move out of London but will have to commute every day.

Does anyone know if it's possible to consistently get a seat on the train in Godalming, Haslemere, Weybridge or Dorking? I would be travelling in between 7 and 8 in the morning

Any tips on particular trains gratefully received. My biggest concern is I don't want to have to stand

Thanks

Vacoas Thu 22-Sep-16 17:20:54

I used to get on the train at Epsom at about 7.20 and that train started at Dorking, so you would definitely get a seat!

Gocowlike Thu 22-Sep-16 19:09:27

From godalming, yes.

mumhum Thu 22-Sep-16 21:28:18

From Dorking yes, I used to get the 7.31 which started in Dorking but crawled into Waterloo most mornings at sbout 8.20

fairgroundsnack Thu 22-Sep-16 21:50:06

From Weybridge you would get a seat at that time unless there are problems with the trains. The trains that go to Weybridge are stopping services so tend not to fill up until Walton/Hersham. By Esher/Surbiton it is unlikely you will get a seat. The trains at that time are much of a muchness, they are all stoppers and take about the same time, and run about every 10 mins.

hg1970 Fri 23-Sep-16 10:45:05

Thanks all for your responses. I hadn't considered Epsom as I thought it woudl be full by then, but this is useful information. Weybridge sounds good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now