Local Talk

Mums in/around Farnham that have a child with Autism/Aspergers

(2 Posts)
littlepinkcupcake Fri 15-Feb-13 11:19:59

Hi My name is Maxine, i am 26 and i have 3 girls aged 6, 3 and 11 months.
My 3 year old is currently undergoing diagnosis for Aspergers.
Her main problem at the moment is interacting with other children, so i would like to meet other mums that have children on the spectrum as it would be nice to see how my daughter interacts with children like her.

Also, i have noticed there seems to be a lack of support groups for this in Surrey.

Therefore i have decided to start up a local support group/coffee morning/playgroup at my home in FARNHAM every THURSDAY morning from 9am (starting half term Thursday 21st feb) for parents with children on the spectrum.

Come along for coffee, cake and a chat. Give your child an opportunity to interact with other children like them and give yourself a chance to relax because sometimes we all need a break!

It will be FREE.

There will be toys, play doh, cake making...various fun activities for the children!

It will still be on during school holidays.

Give me a call or text on 07429021494 or drop me an email at maxineferguson@hotmail.com for the address details.

NickTheNanny Tue 05-Mar-13 09:37:56

Try teaming up with Hart & Rushmoor NAS as their members will be local and some of their events can be in the Farnham area. Also contact disability challengers in Farnham who have a centre which runs various activites for children on the spectrum.

Good luck with your group, small home groups can work well for some children and their parents/carers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now