Local Talk

Single mum new to the Horley Area- looking to make new friends!

(5 Posts)
Bluebelle3 Mon 13-May-13 11:17:55

Hello Friendship Bench,
I've recently moved to the Horley Area from London to be nearer family.
I'm am really enjoying the lifestyle down here but don't have any local friends and trekking back into London to meet friends isn't always an option for a quick catch up and cup of tea.
I have two little children under the age of 3. We love getting out and about and are really keen to meet some other families. Don't get me wrong I'm not looking to meet only Single Mums but I am aware that on the weekend when I get most lonely, friends are often out and about with their husbands and children and I wouldn't want to be a gooseberry so to speak.
If you are in the same boat as me and looking for someone to buddy up with on days out to the park/beach/events, I'd love to hear from you.
A little bit of extra info. I'm 38, separated from my husband in September 2012. I have a full time job working with children and adults with brain injury but I am lucky to work flexible hours from home so can still be very hands on with my little babies (I'm in denial that they are growing up so quickly!)
Fingers crossed that there are some potential new friends about to read this!

Bluebelle x

kingstoncherry Fri 17-May-13 21:14:21

Hi Bluebelle3 from your Local Editor. I hope you settle in soon and meet new, like-minded friends. Are you going to any groups? Have you considered putting yourself up for arranging a meet-up in Horley, to see who's interested? We could help by posting it on FB and Twitter? Here's the link: http://local.mumsnet.com/surrey/meet-ups

natbags34 Mon 08-Jul-13 22:07:20

Hi hope things are going well for you in horley. I know it's been a while since you posted but I recently moved to horley and it would be good to make some new friends. If you were still looking to do so?

TheSleepy1 Fri 20-Sep-13 23:25:47

Hi, not sure if you are still checking this (either Bluebelle or natbags34) but I am also fairly new to the Horley area. Have a 2yo little boy and hubbie though he is out of action most weekends doing garden and DIY so it would be great to have some company for outings etc.

TheCampbells Tue 01-Oct-13 04:10:28

Hi all, I have just moved to Horley and would like to meet new people. I am 38, married and have a 3yr old daughter and a 4 month old son and am on maternity leave until March 2014. I can meet during the week or at weekends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now