Local Talk

advice re sutton or carshalton

(3 Posts)
somanymiles Sat 19-Mar-11 22:20:10

Moving back to the UK after 8 years abroad with 3 children - 15, 12 and 3. Thinking of living in Sutton or Carshalton. anyone live there? Would you recommend it? What are the schools like? Are there nice places to walk? Pros and cons of the area in general?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 01-Apr-11 10:30:47

I think for a London borough it's not a bad place to live smile There's quite a few parks dotted around so a lot of greenery compared to most places in London. Sutton still has grammar schools and these have a good reputation but competition to get in is fierce, the comprehensives also have reasonably good reputations but their catchment areas are very small so you'd want to be looking at moving very close to one of them if that was the type of schooling you wanted. Secondary school league tables here give you an idea of where to look.

I think as with anywhere it has it's nice bits and not so nice bits, the top of the high street has a lot of pubs now so it can get a bit rowdy on the weekends but I guess that's the same for a lot of places!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 01-Apr-11 10:32:28

that should be the top of Sutton high street, carshalton high street has pubs but it doesn't tend to be too bad on the weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now