Local Talk

Private maternity hospitals?any advice?

(11 Posts)
Avaria Wed 15-Feb-12 18:07:35

hello,

I am 9 weeks pregnant and looking for a good private hospital in the area to give birth. Any suggestions? Any thoughts about St.Anthony's hospital? Please advice as I dont know anyone in sutton to ask about it... Thanks!t

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 15-Feb-12 18:18:32

I could well be wrong but I didn't think St Anthony's did maternity services? I believe you can go private at Kingston hospital.

Avaria Wed 15-Feb-12 18:48:30

Oh thanks for your reply. I didn't even expect someone would reply smile)

If I go private in Kingston hospital will I be able to stay there 1-2more days? I am shocked that you go out of the hospital almost same day you deliver the baby...does private service means you will have your midwife with you during all your time being in the hospital? I know that in nhs hospitals you may be left for hours without being even checked...I am so stressed as this is new to me.

Avaria Wed 15-Feb-12 18:49:33

And one more question - only Kingston provides private service? No other hospitals around?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 15-Feb-12 19:00:34

I haven't been private for any of mine so I'm not really up on what's what smile There's the Portland and I think Chelsea and Westminster if you are looking further into London. I think Epsom may offer private maternity care but Kingston has a better reputation locally.

I doubt you'd have a midwife with you all the time going private but I should imagine they'd be a lot more available and less rushed. If everything goes to plan then it's actually quite nice to be out the same day and back in your own bed at home smile

Avaria Wed 15-Feb-12 19:21:48

smile) you are right probably, I am just too scared to be with the baby alone the same day( taking into account that my mom won't be here that day and I will be with my hubby only) as I think I will have so many questions!!!

Portland is too expensive and chelsea as weel and they are far from sutton - traffic might be a problem...so I was looking for something within 20-30 min max from Sutton.

If you recommend Kingston I will visit the hospital to check their private section. Thank you very much for your guidance - at least I have one option...

Thank you again!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 15-Feb-12 19:57:48

if you want to check out reviews of the non private maternity care you can look here may be useful. I've not had any of mine at Kingston, just heard good things about it! Hopefully someone will be along later who has actually used some of the private services around. You could always try posting a thread on the childbirth board asking more generally about private care in the SW London area, I don't think there's that much traffic over here. Good luck smile

Avaria Wed 15-Feb-12 22:06:43

Thanks for your link! I am looking in it now and it seems there are a lot of positive feedbacks on Kingston hospital..

You mentioned posting on child board - you mean in this forum or ? How can I access to it?

Thanks again for all your help!!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 15-Feb-12 22:18:51

this forum, just a different board here smile

Avaria Wed 15-Feb-12 23:00:32

Thanks!! I am there smile

FootballFriendSays Thu 16-Feb-12 09:56:15

Hi, Avaria. I had two of mine at Kingston (NHS) and I had good care all through. I work in a different maternity unit at the moment and i know none of our women are left for hours without being checked on. Depending on need (e.g. high blood pressure) some have constant checks and midwife/doctor presence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now