Book club Epsom-Cheam-Sutton et al

(16 Posts)
Poems Wed 15-Oct-14 11:14:53

New book club on last Thursday evening of the month, meet up in Cheam. The Rosie Project to start with. PM me for details, let's find the time to read AND chat about books smile

Poems Fri 24-Oct-14 20:26:54

November book is Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. Same as on Mumsnet, as it happens (but chosen there first). Join us smile

MrsSpagBol Fri 23-Jan-15 13:15:55

Hi is this still going?

mumwithtwokids Wed 18-Feb-15 17:05:38

Hi Poems,

Just dropping you a note to see if the book club is still going. I'm interested in joining smile

MargoReadbetter Thu 05-Mar-15 06:09:44

Still going. Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I haven't been on MN in ages and I forgot my password and changed names. It's The Fever Tree for 26 March, we meet in the evening.

MargoReadbetter Thu 05-Mar-15 06:19:23

MrsSpagBol and mumwithtwokids - I have PMed you with details.

Anyone else - I'm back on MN and will be more diligent about checking posts.
(I may change names as my new mobile keeps logging me out and I forget my password.)

MargoReadbetter Sat 04-Apr-15 19:20:10

Our next one is April 30th, reading The Murdstone Trilogy by Mal Peet. It's short (300 pages), satire. Send me a PM for details.

MargoReadbetter Mon 04-May-15 23:46:44

May's book is "Perfect" by Rachel Joyce. We're meeting on the 28th May in the evening, near the library. PM me for details.

MargoReadbetter Tue 11-Aug-15 20:13:22

We've done June and July, forgot to mention. We're on to August, last Thu evening of the month. PM me for details.

MargoReadbetter Sat 05-Sep-15 19:06:42

Next one up on 1 October. The Martian by Andy Weir. PM me for details.

suttonmum123 Fri 04-Mar-16 11:55:39

Hi. Is this book club still running? I am interested in joining.

LocalEditorSutton Fri 11-Mar-16 08:13:40

Hi suttonmum123, it might be worth private messaging MargoReadbetter to see if the book group is still active.

Kate & Helen

MargoReadbetter Sat 20-Aug-16 18:44:34

Hi all. Still running! Hitman Anders and the meaning of it all for August. We meet on the last Thursday of every month, 7.45 pm start at a pub in Cheam. PM me for details, if interested.

LocalEditorSutton Mon 22-Aug-16 13:50:31

Hi MargoReadbetter

Is this a local mummies book group, or an ad hoc Sutton Mumsnetters' one? I ask because we've been keen to set up one for Mumsnet Sutton (as neighbouring Mumsnet Merton & Wimbledon has done) but not been overwhelmed by interest. Just wondering whether it would make more sense to 'join forces' and work for the common literary good?

As an incentive, Mumsnet HQ has kindly agreed to provide FREE copies of novels (to fit in with main site author webchats). I currently have five copies of Villa America (Liza Klaussmann) waiting to find avid local mummy readers.

Would you be interested in joining forces? Please get in touch by PM or email (sutton@mumsnetlocal.com).

Kate & Helen

MargoReadbetter Tue 23-Aug-16 23:13:47

Not just mums, everyone can come along. It's only 5-8 people (not always the same ones), but we've had interesting choices and good discussions.

Jessica02 Sun 27-Nov-16 22:42:35

Is the book club still active?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now