Local Talk

Grandmother in Swansea area

(5 Posts)
NanaJen1 Mon 19-Dec-11 10:40:28

Hello

Anyone need a grandmother in the Swansea area for a little girl? In my life are
1 brother, 2 sons, 4 step-grandsons (grown up), 1 gorgeous grandson (now 12), not forgetting 1 husband. I have a YEARNING for a 'Pink One' and would love the opportunity to get to know and maybe sometimes spoil a little girl. I could be a surrogate granny!!

[I worked for the NSPCC before retiring and have been CRB checked. I am a youthful and fit early retiree.]

A Happy Christmas to all who read this.

Billster Sun 08-Jan-12 15:21:23

Hi Nana Jen. Ever thought of volunteering to at a play group. Having done the playgroup rounds with some mums not from Swansea I think it's an unobtrusive great way of getting to know some pink ones and their exhausted mummies-some of whom may not have any family around and may be in real need of some surrogate support! You'll obviously need another crb but shouldn't be an issue for the group as volunteer ones are free. Worth a try?

south345 Sun 08-Jan-12 15:32:14

Near us there's a homestart with who you can volunteer to help out families who are struggling, might be worth looking into?

NanaJen1 Tue 17-Jan-12 11:30:13

Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion - I will take positive steps this year to try and fulfil my dream and, hopefully, help out a family that needs it too. I have also had a word with a local Church Minister who is going to see if he can come up with a 'direction' for me to go in via the social register committee he sits on.

Cheers - NanaJen

NanaJen1 Tue 17-Jan-12 11:32:57

Thank you so much for your reply and suggestion about Homestart - I will take positive steps this year to try and fulfil my dream and, hopefully, help out a family that needs it too. Volunteering sounds like a good way to start.

Cheers - NanaJen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now