Local Talk

Hi from Gower

(12 Posts)
Billster Wed 04-Jul-07 16:44:44

Hi all

think this is a fab idea. Perfect for posting things to do in wet weather or on dreary days (would be down the beach otherwise - when not in work of course!)

Looking forward to getting to know more of you!

Sara

Katiekin Sun 05-Aug-07 23:38:40

Hi
Have you tried the sunflower maze at scurlage yet?
My kids enjoyed it on a fairly cold showery day
Kate

Billster Sat 18-Aug-07 08:52:54

Hi Kate

wasn't aware of it so thanks for the tip. My dd would love somethng like that.

Just need all those Swansea Bay strategy improvements now like the indoor play centre they are planning for Blackpill, perfect for wet days like today.

chacha3 Sat 27-Oct-07 22:44:20

hi there im from swansea...live in gowerton nice to see some other local mums on here

UmPixie Fri 27-Jun-08 10:03:34

HI
we're going to be staying with family in Penmaen next week with an active coupole of 10 month olds--if weather hodls we'll be down at the beach but woudl welcome any top tips for local soft play, toddlers pools or similar thrilling activities for babies/toddlers in case of heavy rain.

Thanks

ChirpyGirl Mon 30-Jun-08 07:44:12

Hi,
Our current days out are
Plantasia - indoor plant and animal place with snakes, monkeys iguanas, mahoosive fish and some ants
Gower Heritage Centre
Blackpill Lido when weather is nice (or just about anywhere along teh beach in nice weather.)
Apparently the soft play place in the new leisure centre is nice but I don't go to soft play because DD1 can't be left on her own and DD2 is at crawling fast stage!

I am dying to get to the pick your own place in gower but think it may have to wait until next summer if it is still there!
I could link to all of these but am far too lazy, but if you google them you should find them!

Meanbeansmum Sun 23-Aug-09 17:27:46

Hi, I'm a mum of 3 living in Swansea. This summer I have spent time on 'wet' welly walks, at the beach or at the Lido. We really need an indoor play centre. There is one in morriston but I've never been.

RachelPross Wed 26-Aug-09 15:33:03

There is a soft play centre in the new Leisure Centre which I am told is v good even for v small babies. Try there.

Bubbaloo2 Sat 07-Nov-09 17:08:50

Soft play at the LC is fab!
If you have babies go first thing at 10 am when its quiet... there is a separate area for babies/toddlers that bigger children are not allowed to go in, its great.

JackBauer Sun 08-Nov-09 07:54:36

And you can use tesco clubcard days out vouchers to pay for the LC. You don't get change but you can prebook sessions so we book one a week.
And you get half your car parking price back if you park in the pay and display and take the 'waterfront' half of the ticket to reception.

cheapy cheap!

Winterbaby Tue 08-Dec-09 15:57:35

If anyone is interested Plantasia is currently offering free child tickets till the end of Dec. Just go to the City Council Plantasia page and follow instructions.

The soft play at the LC is fantastic. I've been going since ds was 3 weeks old. My dd was 2.5 at the time and it was perfectly safe for me to be in the baby area with ds and not have to follow her around.

If you are a Swansea resident you can get a loyalty card so every 5th visit is free.

The LC Waterpark also have a family session from 9-11 every Sat and Sun. It's lovely and quiet and we go at least twice a month with the kids. You can also get a loyalty card with the Waterpark.

The Museums are also a good day out. The Waterfront museum has a selection of activities that your children can do as they wonder round the museum. Get the activity bag at reception.
Swansea museum also have a mouse hunt for children to participate in.

My minds gone a bit blank. I'm sure there are more places. As soon as I think of them I will post more.

verity10 Thu 08-Jul-10 08:39:07

Hi
Mum from loughor-son 2 really needs some play date type thing with someone his age. Anyone in local area interested?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now