Local Talk

Maybe moving to Swindon

(9 Posts)
kerdazzle Wed 12-Jan-11 02:18:42

Hello everyone :0)

I might have the opportunity to move to Swindon fingers crossed.

I was wondering if anyone be able to give advice on areas and schools it be great to have any info on the area like what things to do and what area to not look for ;)

Also where I'll be new in town where can I meet new friends

Thanks for any info welcome

Live to the West of Swindon in a village - its close enough to get in. As we moved from quite a rural location before we didn't want to move into town itself. Wootton Bassett is quite nice too - just off the M4 motorway.

Depends on what your budget is and where you would be working etc - can't say that we like Swindon central but there's plenty going on around the place.

kerdazzle Fri 14-Jan-11 07:11:42

Hi thanks for reply it's Rodney cheyne or pinehurst do you know these areas at all.

mufti Fri 14-Jan-11 10:13:13

rodbourne cheney.

AtYourCervix Fri 14-Jan-11 10:16:44

not pinehurst.

NigellaPleasePollockWithMe Fri 14-Jan-11 10:33:17

Deffo not Pinehurst.

Rodbourne has some better houses / schools but there are better areas - why those - what is budget and where would work be?

AtYourCervix Fri 14-Jan-11 10:34:12

in fact avoid any area beginning with a P

kerdazzle Sat 15-Jan-11 02:11:05

Thank you so much for your info it's helped alot

It's a house exchange as I would like a fresh start I've also been offered Chippenham and Trowbridge but not sure which Area is better any info on these would be great as I have children and I want to know I've made the right choice in areas.

SexyDomesticatedDab Mon 17-Jan-11 10:04:22

Only visit thos eplaces - IMO Chippenham is nicer than Trowbridge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now