Local Talk

Mums in Wroughton

(16 Posts)

I'm moving to Alexandra Park in Wroughton next month with my hubby and (currently) 7 week old son. I'd love to meet other mums in the area, especially mums in Alexandra Park who can pop over for a brew during the day.

Also does anyone know if there's any Mum and Baby groups in Wroughton? Or would we have to go into Swindon?

Crossword Fri 15-Apr-11 23:43:33

Hello have you thought about coming to Baby Sensory
classes are for babies from birth to 13 month old.
www.babysensory.co.uk
swindon@babysensory.co.uk

mnistooaddictive Thu 12-May-11 09:54:21

I live near you, are you still looking for advice on baby groups etc?
You may already know it by now, but if you want more then let me know!

bubblebabeuk Thu 19-Jan-12 05:27:19

Hi, I just moved to wroughton as well, I have 3 DC, DD-12, DD-2 and DS-1, the younger two have only 10 months between them, so SAHM as well. Would be interested in making new friends and finding some activities to entertain the children really, toddler groups etc. I don't know anyone at all here sad although my neighbour is very chatty, but in her 80's.

mnistooaddictive Sun 22-Jan-12 18:18:37

Hi bubble, welcome to Wroughton. The main toddler group is little lambs in the elledune centre on wednesdays 10-11.30 or 1-2.30. There is also busy bees on mondays and fridays but I don't know much about that.
For a lot of activities you have to go into swindon. There is also storytime at the library at 10.30(?) on Tuesdays.

NicS355 Wed 15-Feb-12 09:12:16

Morning smile

I'm in Wichelstowe - due at the end of May 12... Also looking to find coffee/walking group... And also don't know anyone here yet... Are the groups/meets open to bumps as well? i was thinking of coming along to get to know some people before the big event smile

Nic

mnistooaddictive Thu 01-Mar-12 11:52:03

Nic, Swindon NCT run 2 groups that may interest you both open to everyone whether you are a member or not. Wednesdays at 10am is walk and talk at Lydiard Park and FRidays 10am at Lawn Community centre is babytime a group for parents with small babies and bumps.
Bumps are welcome at both of these.
You may have a baby by now though!

bubblebabeuk Thu 08-Mar-12 16:09:41

thanks everyone for the suggestions, I've started going to the wed morning little lambs session, the children absolutely love it, but maybe I'm a bit shy as I have yet to really chat to anyone who isn't running the session sad I haven't been able to get any info on the busy bee's sessions, although I would like to give it a try, If i ever work out where it is held etc.
I've put DD2 into nursery one afternoon a week as well, think she was getting bored of mummy lol. I might even try the library out next week. I live right by the ellendene shopping centre so am keen to stick to wroughton based local activities at the minute.

mnistooaddictive Thu 08-Mar-12 18:22:34

I am at little lambs most weeks so we will have to try and work out who we are!

snout Thu 24-May-12 21:50:41

Hi, I go to the library on a tuesday and little lambs on a wednesday lol would be ace to meet you all. I'm also from wroughton and I have a 21 week old son.

Sam3Ru Wed 15-Aug-12 17:24:42

Hi! I moved to Wroughton in Feb and had my little boy in June, I know these posts are a bit old now but just wondered if the info was still correct? I don't know anyone here as i'm from Kent and my husband is Australian.... I have Chronic Fatigue which makes getting out and about a bit of a strain and i'm pretty shy about going to these groups but I guess I've just got to bite the bullet?
Thanks everyone.

Tsarita Sun 09-Sep-12 22:21:40

Hi Sam, the information here is all still correct if you want to comealong to anything

Ush152 Thu 04-Apr-13 07:01:23

Hi everyone, just joined mumsnet as I was searching for local baby groups and came across this thread. I've lived in Alexandra park for 6 years now but never really connected locally (combination of working away a lot and shyness) . Had a little one last August and have met a few people but mostly in marlborough or swindon (we do swimming, baby sensory and NCT group). Would love to meet up with people locally either at one of the existing groups or maybe we could organise something at Alexandra park. Thought we could initially pick a day to meet at the statue and then go for a walk and maybe coffee at the conference centre then see how we go? Have to check that but the sports bar is very quiet in the mornings so should be okay (I think they run some children's classes there too).

Floss86 Mon 16-Sep-13 09:03:37

Hi, I have just joined netmums, I have a 3 month old baby and would love to hear what local groups there are? Thanks x

LocalEdSwindon Tue 17-Sep-13 20:10:16

Welcome Floss86, Ush152 and anyone else who might be lurking on this thread. smile We're doing some work to get the MN Swindon site updated and that should include some local meetups soon so watch this space, but please keep posting on this thread and we can help facilitate a meetup.

If you know of any great local toddler groups like those mentioned up the thread, you can add a review of them to the local listings for other parents in Swindon by clicking the pink 'add a listing' button.

We'll check out the toddler groups on this thread and get them added on as soon as possible.

Caalee Fri 07-Mar-14 09:44:18

Hi, I'm new to Wroughton and have 3 kids. 8,5, and 18months. I'm looking to find a local play group for my son and myself to meet new people. Husband works long hours so I'm on my own quite often. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now