Local Talk

items wanted for Chernobyl visitors.

(3 Posts)
Tezzismum Mon 25-Feb-13 14:35:45

Hello,

We have just signed up to host two children from Chernobyl for the summer. Having these two kids for just 4 weeks will extend their lives by 10 years.

They come from an unbelievably poor area so will most probably come with what they're wearing and that's it.

Our daughter is nearly 14 and has been 'grown up' for years so we don't have toys etc. Plus she's tall so any clothes that may of fitted the children are long gone!!!

Any thing you have spare will help, if we can't use it the other families might be able to or it could go back with the kids for their families. Plus as long as its not a total disaster we'll be doing this again next year with a different age group and possibly boys.

Items needed:

Booster seats,
Clothes - for British summers and Chernobyl winters
Underwear
Socks
Hats
Coats
Shoes
Toys - No battery or electronic toys
Outside toys - hoops, skipping ropes, blow up garden games etc.
Pillows
Quilts
Single mattress (have been given bunk beds and one mattress!)
Mattress protectors (x2)
Swimming costumes
Nightwear - nightees and PJ's
Dressing gowns
Slippers
Colouring books
Felt tips
Crayons
Pencils
Paper
Knitted items - blankets, gloves, scarves, socks, dresses, cardigans, jumpers, dolls clothes.

And anything else you think a child that age would need!!

Please contact me if you have any thing. Don't worry about sizes/sexes as there are 20 children coming and anything our two don't use others will.

We can collect from anywhere in or around Swindon. Maybe able to go further for larger donations. Items can be posted too.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

ILooklikeGraceKelly Mon 25-Feb-13 19:51:31

I don't think I can help as my DC are under 2, but I've just had this idea: how about you ask a local school?

Tezzismum Tue 26-Feb-13 01:07:17

Thanks might try our local school. Getting there thanks to friends helping but any help is gratefully received. It's only now I realise how much my daughter has grown up! Had no idea the change from 9 yrs to 14 yrs!!

Thank you will see about contacting the local head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now