Local Talk

Any Eco-mums in Swindon?

(4 Posts)
AndieB1972 Mon 24-Aug-09 23:13:44

Eco-friendly new mum calling like-minded people!!!
I've met lots of lovely friendly mums at various clubs/classes/activities in Swindon (my favourite of which is Lower Shaw Farm's Wednesday cafe :O)
BUT am I the only mum in Swindon who is using real nappies, shunning wet wipes and buying second-hand everything for baby? I respect everyone's right to make their own choices but I'm starting to feel like a bit of a hippy-wierdo... it would be soooo nice if there were other green parents out there who I could share recycling tips with...wink
Let me know if that's you!
Love and sunshine,
Andie B

NYRparty Fri 21-Jan-11 18:32:28

Hi, I think of myself as an eco mum, sell neals yard organic skincare for a living, so glad your not using wet wipes, having seen how they remove stains of carpets definately don't think they should be used on babies. No longer have a baby though, mine is 9 years old. You should all ways do what you think is best for your child. I'm all ways surprised when people give my daughter bubble bath full of horrible chemicals even though they know what I do for a living, but don't say anything as don't want to offend. I'm probably not as good as I could be but try and choose the green route if I can.

saltyseadog Fri 21-Jan-11 18:42:39

Hi,

I'm probably half way there Andie. I buy lots of stuff secondhand, keep chickens, grow my own veg, produce compost, try to invest in ethical companies etc.

But I do use disposable nappies (I have a dd with CP so it really would be too much for me to have her in 'real nappies').

Funnily enough I was just looking at the Events page for Lower Shaw Farm!

ExpectoPatronum Wed 20-Apr-11 16:47:11

Just to say that I would heartily recommend the Wednesday cafe at LSF - lovely people, great cake, just a relaxing, charming place for little ones to toddle around in the sandpit, help pull up carrots, collect eggs and so on while adults can have some semblance of intelligent conversation.

I would honestly say that it saved me from PND when my children were titchy, just the knowledge that there was somewhere once a week that we could get some fresh air and no one cared what I looked like, or any of the other competitive mum bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now