Local Talk

Would like to meet and make some friends in Swindon!

(19 Posts)
rosieposey Tue 13-Oct-09 10:35:31

Hi, i moved here 18 months ago from Surrey and still haven't really made any friends as yet, i only know a couple of people through DH and i have spent the last year or so pregnant, planning our wedding and getting ready to move house.

Does anyone who lives in the locality fancy meeting up for a coffee?

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 20:51:05

Where abouts are you? I am in Swindon.

Wilts Tue 13-Oct-09 21:21:37

Haha look at us all rushing to admit we live here grin

rosieposey Tue 13-Oct-09 21:46:27

Lol Wilts, ah i think its great (alot cheaper than Guildford shock) and there is plenty to do if you know where to look grin

LadyOfTheFlowers, im in W Swindon at the moment but we are moving to a much needed larger house in Taw Hill, N Swindon at the beginning of Dec - where are you?

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 22:00:26

I am in Lawns/Queens Drive area - other side of town!

rosieposey Tue 13-Oct-09 22:11:06

Yep i know it, take my DD1 to college over that side of town

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 13-Oct-09 22:14:24

How old are they then? Mine are tiddlers! 4, 3 and 10 months.

rosieposey Tue 13-Oct-09 22:33:56

Im 37, started young though grin have a 17, 14, 12 and 8 month old so i have one tiddler lol. Been married for a year this Nov (my DH comes from Swindon) and planning (possibly) another tiddler sometime next year ... yeah 5 is a bit much but i dont want DS to grow up all by himself given the huge gap between him and DD's.

Did you have them all at GWH?

turkeyboots Fri 27-Nov-09 16:43:40

Missed all the action on this, but am in the same boat having moved to Swindon in April and had ds in oct. Would love a meet up if people are willing.

Am in Taw Hill too Rosieposey, its nice, but very quiet.

AddictedtoCrunchies Fri 27-Nov-09 16:49:24

RosiePosy - good luck with your move.

I'm in Swindon too - town centre.

rosieposey Tue 01-Dec-09 10:20:42

Addicted Hello!
Move is a bit of a nightmare at the moment - solicitors arsing around ect but its all good fun.

Do you have any dc's? I need to find some playgroups and get a bit of a social life going

Laura233 Thu 03-Dec-09 14:26:54

Hi all,

I am in Swindon (Abbey Meads) on Maternity leave due 24/01/10 and am bored out of my mind...

corkythecat Thu 28-Jan-10 21:37:28

Hi all another one admitting to living in Swindon grin
I live in Lawns and have a 28 month old little boy.

lilmissmummy Sat 13-Feb-10 15:02:45

Hi all
I live in Marlborough, I have an 8 nearly 9 year old and a 5 year old and hopefully expecting in October.

I havent been on Mumsnet for ages but can feel the addiction kicking in again.

How is everyone?
x

SardineJam Tue 16-Feb-10 14:14:42

I'm Swindon-born, not bred however, back here!!! My ds is 10 months, and we live in Old Town

McDreamy Tue 16-Feb-10 14:18:35

Hellooooo Rosie....... and everyone else!

I am now in N Wilts and would love to come to Swindon for a meet up! I have 3 dcs, 7, 4 and 1 (born on the same day as Rosie's LO)!

lilmissmummy Tue 16-Feb-10 22:14:37

Yes we should arrange a meet up. I dont really know anywhere in Swindon but I am quite happy to come up for a cuppa sometime.
xx

LuceePee Mon 26-Apr-10 11:19:36

Hi there,

I recently found out I'm pregnant for the first time (eek!!, currently 12+2)).. and have only just moved to Devizes from London.. Just wondering where the best place to go for nursery and baby stuff was. Want to get organised as soon as possible. Should I go to Bath/Trowbridge/Chippenham or should I go to a bigger city like Bristol (will it be cheaper there).. Really keen on Mamas & Papas stuff, love their colour schemes and design I heard that Nursery Thyme in Devizes is an independent stockist of M&P's should I go there or the M&P store in Bristol. Also what are your guys thoughts on M&P are they all their cracked up to be..

JorjasMummy Tue 15-Nov-11 19:34:13

Im in Swindon too...Covingham. With DH and DD who is 15 months :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now