Hello GENEVA, any MNetters still around?

(19 Posts)
LynnCSchreiber Fri 24-Jun-11 21:24:42

I noticed that MNHQ have revamped the Local bit so thought I should have a peek and see what is going on here. Not much, I see.

Can we do a role call and see who is here, and if anyone fancies a meet-up at some time.

There are a few issues with the local website, I will email MNHQ and let them know. For one thing, it won't accept forrin postcodes.

Hi mme,

Not Geneve, Basel, but i thought i'd answer to let you know you aren't the only mner left in Switzerland!

LynnCSchreiber Fri 24-Jun-11 21:39:40

Hurrah.

<puts fondue pot on stove thingy>

Have seen you around the place. We must try to use MN Local more. It is all shiny and new.

Ooh that's a rosti for me! There is another mner moving next month from the UK, to Basel. You've probably seen her posts?

Who else have we got??

LynnCSchreiber Fri 24-Jun-11 22:57:45

Yes, have seen her posts.

There is Mystic in Geneva, and Nifty (forgotten what her current name is) too. We had more Genevan MNetter but they deserted me last year.

genial Sat 25-Jun-11 10:09:23

Hi MmeLindor and other Geneva/Swiss Mnetters.. I am a long-time lurker on Mumsnet who lives in Geneva, although I hail originally from the east coast of Scotland .. am not a mummy but find lots of useful/not so useful info on here as well as getting lots of laughs!
I will check back here in case some other Geneva Mnetters reappear out of the woodwork and we have a quorum for a meet-up!

I can't access the message for a meet. I'd be okay coming over to Geneva if the dates were ok.

Everytime I try to click through it asks me for a postcode. What do I type?

Doesn't matter to me who has kids or not, around half of my friends are kid- free. As long as you don't mind a few of them zooming round, falling over, whining a bit for ice cream etc!

LynnCSchreiber Sat 25-Jun-11 22:00:12

Hello Genial,
where are you from then? I am originally from Dundee, but haven't lived there for almost 20 years. No problem that you are without DC, there are few MNetters who are just here for the conversation and fun, without having children.

I am only here for another two weeks before we head back to Scotland for a holiday, but am always ready for a meet up. Either with or without DC.

Although if BFOM is coming over, then a meetup in a park during the day would perhaps be best?

genial Sun 26-Jun-11 09:04:49

Hi Mme Lindor,

I am originally from Arbroath, just up the road from you! But we moved from there to Perth when I was young, and I came to Geneva via university in Edinburgh and have been here ever since!

I work during the day but as it is summer I often take the odd day off here and there, so a park meetup would be possible.. most of my friends do have kids so am well used to them zooming around! I am also off to Scotland at the end of July for a week.

LynnCSchreiber Sun 26-Jun-11 09:14:09

Genial
We shall be visiting your hometown within the next month to eat fresh smokies out of the wrappings down at the harbour. My mouth is watering at the thought. My parents were from Perth and we have a lot of family there. If we were to go back to scotland then we have always said that we would move to Perth.

Ok, I am going to suggest that we leave the meet up till august - I am going away the week after next and have a 4th July party and a birthday party to organize in that week. I could do end of this week, but that is probably too short notice for the others. Thusday and friday are free at the moment though.

genial Sun 26-Jun-11 10:36:54

Oh yes, Arbroath smokies are great.. I have brought some vacuum-packed back here once or twice.. lovely, although not as nice as fresh out of the wrappings! We used to go down to the fish shops around the harbour with my granny to get fresh fish for our tea!

August is fine for me for a meetup.. good luck with your party planning!

MistyB Wed 06-Jul-11 22:44:29

I'm here too!! Arrived en Suisse three weeks ago from North Yorkshire, living in Genthod and loving life here so far!! Would be great to meet up.

LynnCSchreiber Thu 07-Jul-11 07:35:32

Hello misty. Welcome to Geneva.

I am off home tomorrow for three weeks but would love tp meet when we get back.

How did the move go?

MistyB Thu 07-Jul-11 08:14:56

Thank you. Have a lovely time in Scotland. The move has gone rather swimmingly really. The move was a long time in the planning so to finally be here is such a huge relief. The packers and my DH did a fab job of unpacking 80% of our things before the children and I arrived so we just walked into the house and heh presto - home!! The weather is great, we have been hanging out, discovering and having fun. See you when you get back.

bugster Fri 08-Jul-11 07:54:04

Hello, i'm another mumsneter in the Basel region, maybe near you binfullofmaggots. There don't seem to be many of us around here. How old are your kids? I have 2girls 3 and 6

Dorkins Thu 18-Aug-11 11:28:12

Hi there Mumsnetters, I am a new arrival to Commugny and looking to build a social life, I have one daughter 7 years old and still busy unpacking!

eva85 Tue 13-Sep-11 09:24:21

Hi! Anyone near Zurich?!!!

MmeLindt Wed 21-Sep-11 23:32:29

Hi Genevan Mnetters.

How about a meet up before the weather turns really cold.

What is best for you guys? During the day? Park with nearby coffee? or café?

My DC are in school so I am pretty much free except on Wednesdays.

newswiss Sun 25-Sep-11 11:53:40

Hi,
I've just moved to Geneva with my husband's job and am 6 months pregnant. Any tips on having a baby from anyone who's been through it here would be very gratefully received!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now