Zurich

(5 Posts)
eva85 Tue 13-Sep-11 09:27:13

Hi! just moved in! Is anyone here? People?

nametapes Tue 13-Sep-11 16:36:05

I'm not i'afraid. I'm in Wilts UK. Wish I was as I love skiing and would go every weekend if I lived where you are. Infact whereabouts exactly are you?
Are you British? Has your DP got work there.? do you have children?
I hope you settle in soon and enjoy being in Europe. Compared to UK in my opinion, its lovely.

eva85 Wed 21-Sep-11 14:45:37

Well,I'm Russian,married to English) it still a long wait till we can go skiing((( so far it's raining and terribly rude people around( Swiss hate children. Even if you are in Place for children you still "shhh" your children bcs people around give you such a looks.... Food is rubbish,supermarkets from 1970 with limited choice of food...thank God we have house in Province so bringing food every time.we have 2 boys : Edward 28mnth and Charles 7mnth)))
Want to move back in England ASAP!

nametapes Thu 22-Sep-11 10:46:16

Oh dear, well i am a bit surprised. Sorry you are not liking it at the moment, I know what its like coping in a totally new place. Try to join kids activities like toddler groups, baby swimming classes, and possibly an English or Russian speaking group. My mum told me when we moved to Austrailia to go to Church as you always meet people in church. So i did. I met a lovely lady called Bev and we kept in touch for many many years and were really good friends.
I though Zurich would be quite up to date and food very good. Keep looking, as you may find some better Supermarkets and food.
Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.
Best wishes xxx

nametapes Thu 22-Sep-11 10:52:22

Hey eva there is another mum who is near Zurich called Heather1... I have told her bout you and her post is title "Anyone near Zurich"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now