GENEVA MN Meet up *Wine mandatory* *Leek and other Plastic Veg Optional*

(277 Posts)
MmeLindt Fri 05-Feb-10 18:44:25

Shall we arrange another meet up before the school hols or is it too soon for you guys?

Has the Leek recovered, Cariboo?

MmeLindt Fri 05-Feb-10 21:17:13

I am so aloooooooooooooooooone

cariboo Fri 05-Feb-10 22:34:40

Leekie is miffed. He hates smelling of garlic & he hates being laughed at. Told him to lighten up.grin

cariboo Fri 05-Feb-10 22:38:12

Argh! Have just seen thread title. You meano, Mme Lindt. No wonder you're so aloooooooooone... wink

MmeLindt Fri 05-Feb-10 22:46:08

Lolol Cariboo

Are you going to report me to the RSPCL?

RSPCV?

cariboo Fri 05-Feb-10 22:52:26

No, let's let Daphne do that.

strudelface Fri 05-Feb-10 23:00:23

Oooohhh new thread - Niiicee

Just back from watching the Geneve Servettes Hockey team lose again.

I'm free for the next couple of weeks and then its our half term and I have MIL staying so I say Yes to a meet before then.

Cadmum Sat 06-Feb-10 07:19:38

I would love to come this time, honestly. blush

I have had a rough time for the last two weeks and I actually 'forgot' that yesterday was Friday. Dh was home sick on Wednesday and I somehow lost a day in that process.

Our move has been postponed until March 12 so I have some time before then. Fairly flexible with timing usually as well.

MmeLindt Sat 06-Feb-10 14:42:09

Sorry that things are not going well for you at the moment, Cadmum. Hope it gets better so that you can enjoy the rest of your time here in Geneva.

We bought a car today, subject to it getting checked by the Swiss AA people - is it TWC or something? Not going to pick it up for a couple of weeks.

Cadmum Sat 06-Feb-10 21:45:39

Thanks Mme Lindt. TBH I am grateful that we are still in Geneva because this would have been a lot more stressful and potentially risky in Phnom Penh. At least we are somewhat familiar with the medical system and can speak French.

I will try to pull my act together before the next meet up. I still can't drive for another couple of weeks but public transport is no problem.

Congratulations on the new car. What did you buy?

TheMysticMasseuse Sat 06-Feb-10 21:51:02

marking my place ...

MmeLindt Sat 06-Feb-10 22:20:26

A veteran car - 1973 MGB.

Won't be using it till summer though.

Yes, I guess that the medical system is one huge advantage to living in Switzerland. DD seems to have a UTI so we will be off to the doc on Monday.

Niftyblue Sat 06-Feb-10 22:54:43

Found this thread
I need lessons!!!!

Enjoyed yesterday

When Dh came home last night
DD went running upto him shouting " I met Leek,I met Leek"

She came with us and had conversation`s about diamonds and "girlie" things and all she can talk about is a green plastic Leekgrin

We are on school holidays next week but are around
Let me know when can meet up

TheMysticMasseuse Sun 07-Feb-10 07:08:17

I honestly can't believe I missed the leek!!! my expectations are now sky high. Incidentally I have a whole toy chest full of plastic and wooden vegetables so if anyone fancies having a minestrone meet-up email me your choice of vegetable and I shall oblige you grin

Am always around although my mum is here 15-21 and there's no way I can fess up to an Internet meetup without her calling social services, and then away 21-25.

cariboo Sun 07-Feb-10 21:58:05

lol at minestrone meet-up! hilarious!

Nifty, your dd has her priorities straight. What could be more fascinating than meeting some mad grown-up with a plastic leek that she brings along to restaurants?grin

Leek is thrilled with all this attention. Told him to not let it go to his head (?) & wipe that smirk off his face. Hmph!

MmeLindt Mon 08-Feb-10 08:23:16

LOL, now we know what to call our next meetup thread.

Ok. Let's get serious. This week is pretty busy but I can manage to get out on Tuesday or Wednesday.

strudelface Mon 08-Feb-10 09:01:32

Are we doing night or day meet-up?

Niftyblue Mon 08-Feb-10 09:03:52

I can do nights this week
I have the kids off this week
Is it toooooooo early to open the wine or should I just stick to red bull????

strudelface Mon 08-Feb-10 09:09:54

A bit early for wine - I'd say - what's wrong with coffee?

Have DDs' cold so would prefer end of week meet so I don't scare you with big red nose and puffy eyes.

Ooh we got an imac at the weekend and the keyboard is very tactile I jusy ahve to keep typing and typing.....

Niftyblue Mon 08-Feb-10 09:15:16

I can still hear the kids when I drink coffee grin

ONLY joking about the wine

strudelface Mon 08-Feb-10 09:16:45

Oh yeah forgot you had kids at home - in that case wine as you don't need to do the school run later.

MmeLindt Mon 08-Feb-10 09:17:54

Stuff the wine, get the vodka out, Nifty

Don't think I can manage end of the week, have something on Thurs and Sat, will need an alc free day in between.

strudelface Mon 08-Feb-10 09:24:28

Well what about Weds night then? Or next week can do any except Thursday.

MmeLindt Mon 08-Feb-10 09:26:07

Wednesday would be ok, could not stay long though as I have a big day on Thursday. Or next Monday/Tues?

Niftyblue Mon 08-Feb-10 09:36:05

I could do Wednesday night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now