Fastnacht in Baar

(12 Posts)

Happening on Sunday the 19th? of February. anyone fancy meeting up with kiddywinkles to watch the Swiss without their masks on?

Oh foolish me, of course it is the 21st blush

No one? I suppose I'll just take dd and make a tit of myself again.

MmeLindt Tue 09-Feb-10 09:09:49

I miss Fastnacht. Or as we call it Karneval. It was always fun for the DC. They don't seem to do it here.

I love it, it is, for me, the best thing about living here. DD dresses up and we watch the Guggi bands. DD eats sausages [sick emoticon] we have a jolly fine time, then it's all over for another year. I must admit to a liking for St Nicolas and his shmutzlihmm helpers too.

fonduechinoise Tue 09-Feb-10 11:44:17

hello hello!
at what time are you thinking of going Kreecher?

Hello, probably around 2ish, I need to look and see what time it starts. If you've never done it it is well worth doing. I really like Baar unless your village has one when it will be more local faces.

fonduechinoise Tue 09-Feb-10 15:05:59

ours is on Sat I think the one in Baar is much bigger from what i hear. We love going too and very much enjoy the sausages lol

I am going to check later on, I think I may have cocked up on the day, possibly it is this Sunday. Just hope the snow melts by then, but not optimistic. Will post later .

Actually it is on this coming sunday, so if you fancy meeting up to enjoy the guggi bands and the gluhwein, lets do it. With children obviously.

So Frau fondu, do you and your dd fancy meeting me and my (not so) dd on Sunday? Day after tomorrow which will be 14th?

fonduechinoise Thu 18-Feb-10 20:58:09

Hi Kreecher. so sorry... i have just seen your message. We still had our guests ; and did not make it back to Allenwinden til gone 4pm that day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now