online shopping in Switzerland

(14 Posts)
TheMysticMasseuse Mon 01-Mar-10 13:35:17

I. need. to. shop. online.

it's an addiction of mine and I am feeling withdrawal symptoms creeping up on me. Especially as I am not yet used to all the shops being shut on sunday... and with the weather so crap... i need a release (that involves spending money, of course).

So... can you give me some tips? Anything really, children's stuff, clothing, household items, furniture...

Am already a loyal LeShop customer (though I have got to fess up to a bit of a shock moment when I realised you can buy vibrators on there, alongside your groceries... always the quiet ones and all that).

(do I sound mad enough for you? grin)

MmeLindt Mon 01-Mar-10 14:22:40

shock at vibrators in Leshop. And just what were you looking for, young lady? <peers over specs>

I order most of my stuff from UK, but have also ordered from these places:

Digitec Electricals and computers. Very competitive prices but a bit unwieldy payment system. Quick delivery, and no problems.

Microspot also electricals. Good service, quick delivery.

You will probably not need this one but he was very good so might as well include him.

Apart from them, most of my things come from Marks and Spencer, Boden (natch) and Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de

TheMysticMasseuse Mon 01-Mar-10 16:37:42

thanks MmeLindt. And, should you ever need exotic LeShop goodies, they're under "personal hygiene", intriguingly categorised as "love toys"....

One thing to bear in mind is the tax on imports. I ordered some brownie stuff and the total was about 35 pounds (no pound sign on a thai keyboard). When it arrived, I had to collect it from the post office and pay about 22 chf import duty.

ladybugandbutterfly Tue 02-Mar-10 11:05:44

I've previously used:

tenera.ch for household items.

mymarket for odd things, playtents etc.

supermall.ch for toys/wheelybugs.

designerbabes for children's Gap clothing.

Happy shopping

Gipfeli Tue 02-Mar-10 11:18:30

www.espritshop.ch

Free delivery. Free returns. Lots and lots of clothes.

Gipfeli Tue 02-Mar-10 11:19:12

Sorry, meant to do a link.

www.espritshop.ch

Free delivery. Free returns. Lots and lots of clothes.

MmeLindt Tue 02-Mar-10 12:33:00

Kreecher
Don't talk to me about the import tax. I ordered Uggs from ebay.uk and the woman put the true value NOT the amount I paid so that I had to pay an extra CHF 70.

TheMysticMasseuse Tue 02-Mar-10 17:01:50

dh's brother sent us a sledge for Xmas as a present for the dds, it arrived mid-jan and we had to pay 50chf taxes. nice.

thansk for the links everyone!

MmeLindt Tue 02-Mar-10 17:41:15

Gah. You can buy a sledge for that MM.

TheMysticMasseuse Tue 02-Mar-10 17:55:43

I know. sadly BIL and SIL have a knack for being ineffective present givers...

TheMysticMasseuse Thu 04-Mar-10 21:11:41

OH.My.God. babygros for adults

that'll teach me to try to shop online in Switzerland...

MmeLindt Wed 10-Mar-10 10:34:35

My eyes, my eyes!

Did you see the pics of the family, all in their matching babygros?

I actually came on here to recommend Game.co.uk as I remembered that they ship to CH.

TheMysticMasseuse Thu 11-Mar-10 21:08:09

I am scarred by that website MmeLindt. Now everytime I meet a swiss person I wonder "mmmhhh does he wear a babygro in the comfort of his home"?

thanks for Game.co.uk tip. I have just placed a massive amazon order plus some clothes on jojomamanbebe for the dds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now