In which MmeLindt recommends a Festival du Chocolate

(8 Posts)
MmeLindt Mon 01-Mar-10 14:26:28

Quelle surprise!

On 20th March in Versoix.

<anticipates>

I don't really like chocolate very much blush but, if we wren't doing a brownie activity that weekend I would consider going to it.
We are trying to see as much of Switzerland as poss before we leave. This weekend we went to Bern. I had refused to go in the past because of the state the bears were kept. Now they have their new enclosure there is no reason not to. Twas fab.

MmeLindt Tue 02-Mar-10 08:30:50

We went to Bern recently but did not see the bears at all. They were not outside for some reason. Meh.

Funnily enough, I am not actually a big fan of chocolate. Will go to the Festival though.

My dd and dh went down the stairs to look into their enclosure, due to my knee pain I stayed at the top. One bear wandered out, I assume it was the man, Bjork the ladybear has two cubs to look after. I had the best view though, so it pays to be lazy injured.
I'd still prefer them to be in the wild though, that way they wouldn't be subject to ignorant people throwing stuff at them (that's you you Japanese tourists) angry.

ladybugandbutterfly Tue 02-Mar-10 10:54:09

I've missed this for the last 2 years, due to one silly reason or another, I'm determined to make it this time!

Any tips from those that have been before? Don't eat lunch is a given ;)

MmeLindt Tue 02-Mar-10 12:31:15

LadyBug
Are you in Geneva? Have you noticed our Switzerland local site? If you are interested in a meet up you can find a thread on there, we are hopefully meeting for lunch this week.

ladybugandbutterfly Tue 02-Mar-10 13:15:32

Is this not the Switzerland local site? I'm still a bit lost here tbh blush

I would be interested in a meet up but my girls are not in school yet so lunch is difficult. Hopefully some other time...

MmeLindt Tue 02-Mar-10 18:29:53

Sorry, yes. This is the CH local site, I meant our meet up thread. Don't be put off by ramblings about plastic veg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now