Local Talk

LOCAL MUMS MEET UP -Canary Wharf and Docklands

(14 Posts)
milibear Wed 14-Sep-11 13:32:23

Hello!
I am a new mum in the TH area( DD is 3.5 weeks). Would love to meet other mums for a coffee and a chat/walks etc.

Let me know if you are interested.

anjwil78 Sun 02-Oct-11 21:03:06

Hello

I have just joined Mumsnet and an "almost" new mum. My daughter is 4 months old. We live in Mile End and are keen to meet other mums for a coffee and walks too.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Anja

Hi anja and milibear,

I'm a mum of two boys aged 4 and 1.

When they were little I went to NCT coffee mornings - join NCT tower hamlets on Facebook- and the friends I made then are still my closest friends now! I still go to these occasionally on Monday mornings.

Also try joining a class such as baby signing or gymboree or try the soft play area at Tiller Road Gym. Another place that you usually find mums is at the idea store in Canary Wharf, my 1 year old loves the singing and music class which is free.

Have you looked into going to baby cinema? I think Greenwich picture house does special screenings where you can take you bubba up to 1 year old to watch a film. Please double check this suggestion as I'm not 100% sure it still happens. It has been a while.

If you are looking to do an activity with your baby - how about some postnatal (mum & baby yoga) or baby massage. Both of these have the added bonus of getting the babies to sleep well you get a bit of me time afterwards grin) Try www.yogabellies.co.uk

Namaste
Sharon

Sharon@yogabellies.co.uk

milibear Wed 05-Oct-11 07:20:19

Thanks, Sharon!
I met you at The Great Eastern last week.
Once baby is all immunized, will definitely sign up for a class.

Love the cinema idea! Thanks

Caroline

YiChieh Thu 06-Oct-11 10:44:58

Hi all,

I'm new here too and DD is 2 & half weeks. We are between Mile End and Canary Wharf. I'd love to meet other mums in the area. Please let me know if you are meeting up.

And thanks for the suggestions Sharon. I'll look them up too.

Yvette

Hi Caroline and Yvette,

Another option for you.
Chatterbox at St Annes off Narrow Street. I went for the first time today (Wednesday at 10am). It costs £1 to get in and is very very popular. You have to fill in a registration form (which you can take away with you) and you get a cup of tea and a biscuit (and the bubbas get a biscuit and a drink as well).
It is a general get together, chatting with other mums while the babies play with each other and the clean toys!! We also had a sing along and everyone was so welcoming and friendly.
I took my one year old and he had so much fun. A good mix of 1st and second time mums with babies from 3 weeks to 3 years. I will definitely be going again - maybe I will see you both there ;o)

With regards to the Yoga Caroline, I have just agreed to be working out of the Docklands Medical Centre so that is a fantastic space with lots of room for buggies and nice clean facilities. Im really looking forward to starting classes there as well as as keeping my current classes at Burrells Wharf.

New Classes at Docklands Medical Centre:

Prenatal Yoga will be on Thursdays
Baby Massage of Tuesdays and
Mum & Baby Yoga on Fridays.

Kind regards,
Sharon

PS - I will keep adding new groups/get togethers that I find in Docklands and maybe other netmums can let us know what they think about my suggestions.

GailPoppy Sun 16-Oct-11 10:06:56

I have just joined Mumsnet. It looks fantastic. I am a rather older mum of 4 daughters. One is moving into Burdett road next week all being well and is v excited. Does anyone know of someone who could drill and fix some curtain poles, mirror etc.???? We have no contacts yet in the area.
Look forward to hearing from someone
GailPoppy

Hi GailPoppy,

I do know of a guy but he is quite expensive...let me ask around. You could also check with your daughters schools - they should have a community noticeboard. or maybe your local church.

How old are your girls?

Regards
Sharon

milibear Sun 16-Oct-11 14:04:44

Thanks, Sharon.
Chatterbox sounds great.
When is your next course of yoga sessions starting? Or is it an ongoing thing at the medical centre?

Chatterbox is so much fun. Hopefully I will make it this week - but work is getting crazy (in a good way)

My next free slot for mum and baby yoga is in March!! I know its a long way away. Ladies seem to be getting to know about me and its very busy. I now even have a booking for June!!

I have a couple of free slots for Baby Massage starting 1st week of December.

If you want to prebook - then email me sharon@yogabellies.co.uk

Hope that helps

Shar

GailPoppy Sun 16-Oct-11 16:51:09

Thanks Sharon.
Appreciate it if you could ask around. The daughter in question is 28 ......I suppose I should have joined gransnet!!!!!. But in a way it doesn't seem 2 minutes since doing all the stuff you are all chatting about.
Have already found St Anne's and Narrow St.....Can't wait to explore more but must get those curtain poles up first!!
GailPoppy

anjwil78 Wed 19-Oct-11 19:38:27

Hello Sharon

I had a look at your website: mum and baby yoga sounds good, but as you mentioned you're quite booked up. Is that for the docklands area only or for the one in Greenwich also?

Bw

Anja

anjwil78 Wed 19-Oct-11 19:41:17

Also, thank you for the Facebook not link tip, Sharon. I'll have a look at that.

Hi Anja,

Both the Greenwich class and the Docklands class have availability in March. Im a very busy lady at the moment. The Mum & Baby Yoga is for babies up to about 10 months so there is plenty of time for you to do the course ;o)

If you are part of NCT Greenwich, I will be doing a free taster session of Mum and Baby Yoga at their Halloween Party next week. See their Facebook page for details.

regards,
Sharon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now