Local Talk

Princess Kate is going to live with her parents after her baby is born

(2 Posts)
Gulee Sun 28-Apr-13 11:05:25

It was announced recently that The Duchess of Cambridge is going to spend 6 weeks at her mother’s home after her baby is born.
She said that she feels safest and most secure around her family and feels that her mum is the best person to help her learn to take care of a baby:
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311873/Duchess-Cambridge-Kate-Middleton-live-mum-baby-born.html

Did you stay with your mum following birth?

bellababymonkeymoo Mon 17-Jun-13 19:17:13

No, but my mother and my mother in law were a huge source of support during those first few months. As they had both been through the experience of those early days. My mother in law helped me take that first journey from home with my new bundle of joy, and gave me the confidence that I wasn't going to forget my child in the aisle of Waitrose and that I could cope if I forgot half of my nappy bag. Fathers are great but if they are first timers they can be as clueless as you are and sometimes those well meant words of encouragement can be taken in the wrong way. Whereas if its from a mother you know that there both love and experience behind the comments and support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now