Local Talk

Home based business/job?

(6 Posts)
Rosa2020 Fri 21-Jun-13 00:23:23

Motherhood is one of the most important and hard jobs on the planet. But I want to earn some money while being around my family. Any suggestions?

Gulee Wed 26-Jun-13 02:49:48

Hi Rosa,

It's a big decision to start working for yourself while being a full time mother. What are your interests and hobbies? Obviously it's very important to choose a job which you are happy to do.

Have you checked our directory? You may find some of these options suitable for yourself:

local.mumsnet.com/tower-hamlets/jobs

bellababymonkeymoo Wed 26-Jun-13 17:51:20

I gave up my job as a Teaching Assistant, that I adored, to look after our little girl. It was totally the right choice to make, but I miss not having the challenge and variety. I have recently started looking at childminding, but am so overwhelmed by the expectations of Ofsted that I am almost put off. So many people have said to me that I would be an ideal chilminder, but the thought of having to deal with all the Ofsted paperwork stresses me out and I have not even become a childminder yet. It is such a difficult thing to balance as I want to be a great mum for my girl but also maintain some sort of independence and not just be a mother and wife. I want to be me and not have to ask my husband for money if I want to buy a new lipstick or dress for my girl.

Gulee Fri 05-Jul-13 00:09:58

@jacktionman tweeted the following advice:

"@MNTowerHamlets if she/he can write, she could get some freelance writing jobs!
howtobeacopywriter.co.uk/category/copywriting-jobs/freelance-writing-jobs/"

Sammygirl1 Fri 25-Oct-13 13:19:33

Hi. I don't know if you ever did fine something suitable but have you ever considered network marketing? I've just started as an Arbonne consultant and its great as you have the most amazing support not to mention products. Give me a shout if you'd like to know more. I can let you know if there is any opportunity meetings in your area. There great fun and really friendly. Have a look these books too, Robert Kiosaki's rich dad poor dad. Also the flip flop CEO is good too. x

GoTowerHamlets Fri 25-Oct-13 17:53:32

Sammygirl1, is it an online based job?
Can you please give more details? I really have to find a job... sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now