Local Talk

Favourite restaurants?

(17 Posts)
Thirstysomething Wed 13-Jul-11 09:31:31

Last thread I promise!
just would love some recommendations for restaurants to go to with DH, we have decided to do a date night once a fortnight. When we lived down by Lostwithiel I loved all the Fowey restaurants, esp Sam's and Tiffin's. When we go down to in-laws in west country we love the Gurnards Head.
Now living near St Columb and haven't really found favourite local restaurant yet!

CornishTsarina Thu 14-Jul-11 08:16:00

Fantastic thread idea

Love Sams- was thinking just 5 mins ago we have to go there soon!

JazzieJeff Sun 17-Jul-11 19:39:51

Ooooooh! Nansloe Manor in Helston and Bustophers on Lemon Street, Truro (on the corner by the estate agents).

Thirstysomething Fri 16-Sep-11 19:56:33

Going to try both of those, thanks JazzieJeff! Bump? Anyone?

superbud Fri 16-Sep-11 23:52:26

Glad you enjoy sam's we have another sam's restaurant at polkerris beach. It is in the old life boat house and is right on the beach so means you can sit and enjoy a drink or meal whilst the kids play on the beach. We also take bookings at Sam's on the beach . check out www.samsfowey.co.uk .
Sam and I have just moved to Truro with the kids and are up for any suggestions for good eateries this way ......may be we will open a Sam's over this way !!!

CornishTsarina Sat 17-Sep-11 19:12:17

Oooohhhhh I have been thinking about Sams allday today. Please open one in Truro as it would be great for a meal before hitting a wine bar!

Thirstysomething Mon 10-Oct-11 14:56:25

We were absolute regulars at Sam's on the Beach -- LOVED it! Used to pick up from school and go straight there, me for a glass of wine and kids for pizzas (lovely smiley faces on the pizzas, thanks!) at the tables outside. All my friends who lived outside Cornwall were insane with jealousy.
Now sadly we are too far for that, although we still make a pilgrimage once a month or so for sups or lunch when we have people staying.
Please set up another Sam's... how about Wadebridge?!?!? Needs it desperately...
There is a big black hole when it comes to any pubs/restaurants in the Bermuda triangle between Wadebridge, Bodmin and St Columb....
xx

superbud Wed 12-Oct-11 00:18:41

maybe we may open a sam's with a wine bar !!!,.....that will keep you guessing.....wait and see !!

Thirstysomething Mon 09-Jan-12 21:21:50

Bumping this just in case anyone has anything new!

CornishKK Thu 29-Mar-12 21:23:05

How about The Beach Hut at Watergate Bay? If you are in St Columb it's just a 15 minute drive. We had lunch there last week and it was lovely, laid back, child friendly and good food. We combined it with a trip to the soft play at DairyLand plus a run on the beach afterwards so everyone was happy.

NoPinkPlease Thu 29-Mar-12 21:37:58

Just stumbled on this thread and reminded me of Bridge Bistro in Wadebridge - we go there whenever we are staying with PILs - it's really fantastic - we were gobsmacked to find it.

Go. Enjoy grin

cornishcookie Mon 30-Apr-12 14:12:25

Love Manolos tapas bar on Lemon Quay in Truro.

elleayyouarray Fri 04-May-12 18:38:32

I second the beach hut - best steak around!

Thirstysomething Sun 24-Jun-12 20:29:39

Love Beach Hut too, and for kids, the Living Space in the actual Watergate hotel is tops.... More room for children to run around in and the fishfingers are proper fish jobbies. Yum.

Thirstysomething Sun 24-Jun-12 20:30:34

Ps, you can do a great kids tea at Bedruthan Steps hotel too - they have a kids tea room and adults get free tea and biscuits!

Cornishchough Thu 05-Jul-12 18:35:26

Me and my DBF own St Aubyn Arms, Cornish Steak & Ale house in Praze-an-Beeble nr Camborne!

Cornish Steak and Cornish Ale perfect evening for you and DH!

We are also child friendly too and have a great beer garden for them to run around in!

Cornygirl Fri 19-Apr-13 16:16:32

Sam's on north coast or Truro? Yes please!
Rumours of an exciting new place in Wadebridge and agree the Bridge Bistro is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now