IN AID OF GOOSBERRY BUSH NURSERY
PONY RIDES WITH PENNY RED
BOOGALOO DUDES BAND PLAYING
FACE PAINTING
CRAFT STALLS
RAFFLE WITH LOTS OF LOVELY PRIZES
PAMPERING FOR MUMMY'S
CHRISTMAS STORY TIME AND DECORATION MAKING FOR THE KIDS
COME ALONG AND HAVE A GREAT DAY OUT....AND HELP RAISE SOME MONEY FOR A GOOD CAUSE!
CAMBORNE RUGBY CLUB THIS SATURDAY 11-3
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

BadRoly Wed 30-Jan-13 23:14:22

Another Falmouth resident here! Although this does feel a little like a ghost town... (The thread - not Falmouth)

Hi
I live in Penryn but am always in Falmouth - every morning at Gylly beach with dog, after taking children to school. I do Pilates on Fridays at the Core gym in Falmouth.....It is a bit of a ghost town. There are not many adverts, offers etc on this local mumsnet site - needs re-energising!!!! Great idea to have a place where you can share ideas, recipes, days out, advice etc....

BadRoly Fri 01-Feb-13 23:04:42

Oh you may have seen me and my friend going for a dip the other week then grin

Bluetit Mon 04-Feb-13 14:53:01

Hello,

I live in out in the sticks, but always in Falmouth, usually at Gylly (and the cafe smile ). Would be great to re-energise this thread Chatterchandler, looks like there's some of us willing! Be nice to have a central place to come to find out what's going on locally. I've volunteered to be a Mumsnet Ambasssador for the local area, so you will probably see me posting a lot more on here in the future. If anyone else wants to be a local contact point I can pass on the contact details. Not sure what's involved at this early stage, but I'm thinking arranging meet ups, socials, whatever people want, really. Will let you know more as I find out.

And BadRoly, you are seriously brave going in the sea... saw the Boxing Day swim, that looked painful!

Bluetit Mon 04-Feb-13 15:05:22

local.mumsnet.com/cornwall-and-the-isles-of-scilly/group-meet-ups

If anyone is interested in joining the local Falmouth/Penryn group, the link above takes you to our local group meet up page - please leave your details and we can arrange a get together.

You can find this page from the Local site via 'Meet Ups', then 'Groups' - you will see (active) next to our page and the link will take you into the page.

Oh, and about me - I'm a 31 year old (was convinced I was 30 until I had to think about it..) SAHM with a 2yr boy, who is full of energy and loves a run on the beach...

BadRoly Mon 04-Feb-13 15:42:31

They were clearly overwhelmed with LA volunteers then as I offered too! grin Will head over later when I'm not on the phone smile

thekitchenfairy Wed 06-Feb-13 14:30:18

Am I the only Truro MNer then? Surely not...

Bluetit Thu 07-Feb-13 16:19:53

Bet your not, kitchen - I'm actually right in the middle of Truro and Falmouth, come and join us on the Falmouth board until the Truro one is up and running smile

JerseyLady Thu 07-Mar-13 11:12:54

<waves from Fowey>

Joining in from Fowey, persuaded in by the thread in chat. Happy St Piran's to you all.

This week I made pasties for the first time in a couple of years. My crimping was diabolical. Anyone got the crimp going well enough to tutor a poor cornish girl with inept fingers? I think my pastry wasn't stretchy enough which didn't help.

My top tip for pasty bits leftover by small children... Pasty Pizza! I think it may have been a world first but I'm ready to be corrected on that. Twas lush my birds!

extremepie Thu 28-Mar-13 00:05:41

Hello all!

Finally found the local bit, I'm reasonably new to Penwithick and could do with some friends : D

jadenash2013 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:17:10

hello everyone, Im new here Im from Liskeard in cornwall although shall be moving once we high enough up the list!

I live with my husband, son whos nearly 3 and we are expecting our daughter in May 2013 having a homebirth this time.

looking to make net friends and attend meet ups / or get together with other mums for coffee.

Cornygirl Fri 19-Apr-13 16:50:22

Does anyone know anyone who ever managed to get an au pair in Cornwall? We need some childcare with no 4 on the way and me being busier and busier with everything and an aupair is sooo much cheaper than childcare per hour.
If i can get my head around having someone in my spare room all the time it could be great, but I am just not sure an au pair would want to come to Cornwall - bit far from everything?

MrsGJB Wed 08-May-13 23:39:18

Bored - any older mums (near Bude) who fancy meeting up for a coffee - or younger mums who don't mind being seen with an old fogey with a stick (dodgy knee).

thekitchenfairy Mon 27-May-13 20:53:18

Right. I am going to organise a Truro Meet Up :-) this is is the first one for Truro... Anyone got any suggestions for an evening venue... Kaspar? Old Grammar School? I thin I probably need to put something on the meet ups page, so will rush off and look at that now!

nicole1605 Tue 28-May-13 08:50:11

Hi kitchen fairy. I have just moved to truro with my 2 year old son and have been on the phone to my old friends saying how I need to get out and meet people.could you please keep me up to date with the truro meet I would love to join you smile

Antidote Sun 08-Sep-13 11:34:03

Anybody out there????

We've just moved to Saltash. DS is nearly 3, DD is nearly a week!

Anyone fancy a meet-up?

Lottie403 Sun 08-Sep-13 23:19:49

Hiya anyone still about? I have a 5 year old and a 14 month old and live in Redruth smile

thekitchenfairy Wed 11-Sep-13 07:20:36

I totally messed up trying to do a Truro meet up guys... Summer was just too hot and for the first time in years we were all at the beach grin... I'm always up for getting out, so who is about?

Hi Lottie? Are you new to Cornwall? Has your eldest started school?

Has anyone checked out the new Truro bar? The Night Jar... No music so could be good for an evening meet up but maybe on the pricier side! And Pippas is reopening under a different name, different owners. Am quite excited <shows age and blushes so scuttles into corner with a cuppa and Woman's Weekly>

Have a good day everyone, hope this drizzle clears!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now