Local Talk

anyone know of a knitting group in falmouth area?

(8 Posts)
casbie Fri 28-Sep-07 14:56:28

keen to stop knitting blankets and move on to jumpers and the like.

: )

wangle99 Sun 30-Sep-07 21:13:21

As far as I know there is one that meets in a cafe on a Tuesday, trouble is can't remember where. perhaps a knitting shop in Falmouth would know? Swanpool rings a bell is there a cafe there?

casbie Mon 01-Oct-07 09:02:36

ooh, there's a cafe at swanpool, but it's a bit exposed.

would be a bit chilly to sit outside and knit. do you think it might be at gyllingvase instead?

wangle99 Thu 04-Oct-07 20:43:40

Hmm I suppose it could be, I know it was advertised in Truro Fabrics, perhaps if you gave them a ring they'd read you what is on the poster?

It was definately on a Tuesday and something to do with Falmouth - sorry I can't be more definate.

casbie Fri 05-Oct-07 09:04:17

that's cool, i'll have a look next time i'm in there!

casbie Wed 12-Dec-07 11:29:08

found one in penzance, which was great, but was a little far...

the one advertised in knitting part of truro fabrics is stitch and bitch in falmouth 'leaf' (posh tea rooms), so looking forward to meet them all in the new year.

anyone else want to go?

casbie Tue 08-Apr-08 14:35:16

been, and it's lovely...

nice people and managed to get some knitting done (DD1 blanket).

join us: 7.30pm - 9 on tuesdays fortnightly from 1st April

maybe changing venues soon.

post on here if interested!

Knit4Mums Wed 09-Apr-08 12:15:08

Hello there

I've just posted a new conversation thread today (9th April 08 - Are you a knitter? Oxfam needs you!) to tell you about an upcoming Oxfam knitting campaign for mums around the world, that I really hope you will be interested in.

Thought I would flag it up to the Falmouth knitting gang!

Please have a look at the details and contact me, Hannah Durrant, at Oxfam South West, on hdurrant@oxfam.org.uk if you're keen to organise an event or activity locally.

I hope to hear from you!

Best wishes

Hannah [Knit4Mums]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now