Local Talk

Wakefield/Hudds/Barn sley Meet up and Chat thread!

(21 Posts)

Hi all.

Been a long time since we have all met up or chatted so thought I would start a new thread in the hope people fancy meeting up.

twinklestardust Wed 06-Jul-11 20:49:17

Hi, I'm new to mumsnet and just spotted your thread, as I have been looking for a group of mums or mums to be to meet up with. I'm expecting in November and live between Barnsley and Wakefield. Don't know if this would be the best group or if you know of any others, please let me know, thanks, Sophie

karinajack Thu 07-Jul-11 13:56:54

Hi I'm new also. Im from pontefract area and have a 3 yr old son. Anyone want a chat I'm here xx

Hello!

Not many people around is there?

How is everyone?!

Cinders22 Sat 24-Sep-11 10:29:51

Hello Knickers,

I am new to this site but I am here. I am fine thanks, how are you?

x

justaboutstillhere Sat 24-Sep-11 10:35:22

Hi you, how are things?

We are emigrating in a couple of motnhs! To NZ.

Hi Cinders, I'm great thank you, how's you?

WOW Justa!!! Hope the move goes smoothly for you all.

justaboutstillhere Sun 25-Sep-11 16:13:54

Thank you.

Mari2602 Mon 10-Oct-11 01:15:41

HELLO, I HAVE JUST JOINED MUMSNET, AND LIVE IN CASTLEFORD. I HAVE A SON 3 YEARS OLD AND AM LOOKING FOR HOME EDUCATING MUMS TO MEET UP LOCALLY AND LET OUR KIDS PLAY TOGETHER. ANYONE WHO LIVES LOCAL, PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR A CHAT AND MY AIM IS TO MAKE A REGULAR MEETING GROUP. AWAIT YOUR RESPONSE! smile

HeyNiki Tue 20-Dec-11 11:36:52

Hi, I notice nobody's posted on here for a while, i'm from just between Huddersfield and Wakefield and due in January 2012. Did anybody ever manage to round up any more ladies?

PaceOfLife Wed 21-Dec-11 12:58:43

HeyNiki there are ladies about but they are all in hiding, it seems.

HeyNiki Wed 21-Dec-11 13:19:06

I think it would be nice if we could get something going on, I know a few pg ladies that would probably be up for it. I'm 5 weeks away from parting with PFB, a close friend is 8 weeks away from EDD and then we have mutual friends between 20 and 30 weeks pg.

PaceOfLife Wed 21-Dec-11 13:26:06

I do hope there are some other mums and mums-to-be around who join in with you. My son is 5 and at school, and I work full-time so I wouldn't be much use, I'm afraid.

I wish I could make some meet ups but starting full time work just after the new year.

Will keep any eye out though in case any meets fall on a day off.

Santasjollys Fri 06-Jan-12 14:06:20

Hello smile anyone about anymore?

PaceOfLife Fri 06-Jan-12 18:51:01

Hi SantasJollys, I check here frequently.

Santasjollys Fri 06-Jan-12 19:21:47

Hello smile I thought I'd been all abandoned, I haven't checked on here forever.

Have all the meet ups stopped now?

PaceOfLife Fri 06-Jan-12 19:42:16

I don't know of any going on at the moment, I'm afraid.
Have you changed name? I don't recognise you.

Santasjollys Fri 06-Jan-12 20:02:21

I was hiccy, I don't think we ever talked/met though.

My youngest ds has just started nursey, so it's just me and dd on mornings now, I thought I'd get my bum in gear and start going out more smile.

PaceOfLife Fri 06-Jan-12 20:18:40

Good plan. I work full-time so I am not much use for meet ups but a few people have been on the thread and hopefully someone will answer your call smile

HeyNiki Tue 10-Jan-12 20:19:39

Hi Santas I think I was last to enquire about this thread but it seems as Pace was saying there's not much happening at the moment. Been speaking to a local girl today on another thread but she is only 13 weeks with her first, so she probably won't be wanting to join in on any baby related activities any time soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now