Local Talk

Places to live near Wakefield

(12 Posts)
AnnaBegins Wed 21-Sep-11 14:40:31

Hi everyone!

I may (fingers crossed) be getting a new job in Normanton soon, which would mean changing area completely! Can anyone recommend nice places to live, preferably between Wakefield and York? I don't know the area at all so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

PaceOfLife Sat 24-Sep-11 13:24:55

Normanton itself is a family-friendly and affordable place.

AnnaBegins Sat 24-Sep-11 21:20:36

Ah that's reassuring, thanks! It seemed a little run-down when I wandered round it, but ofcourse that's no indication on what the people are like smile Thankyou!
Anyone got any other suggestions? Are there any nice villages round those parts?

Cinders22 Sun 25-Sep-11 08:47:49

I would recommend Woolley, Newmiller Dam or Sandal. All are closely connected to the M1 (junction 38 or 39) for a commute to Leeds.

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Sun 25-Sep-11 08:49:55

DP agrees with Newmillerdam. Lovely but expensive.

PaceOfLife Sun 25-Sep-11 14:03:04

Stuckupthefarawaytree, I love your name!
Newmillerdam is lovely! Do have a look around. It's a bit too far south for my liking, though.
How far would you be willing to travel to work, time-wise?

StuckUpTheFarawayTree Mon 26-Sep-11 06:32:58

Thank you!

AnnaBegins Thu 29-Sep-11 14:31:42

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Looking at around half an hour commute, but a bit south suits me better than north so those are great suggestions, I'll have a look smile

justaboutstillhere Thu 29-Sep-11 14:33:23

We live in Wrenthorpe and it's great.

We are also about to emigrate so you could always rent our house smile

Dprince Fri 20-Jul-12 21:23:15

I live in east ardsley quite near wrenthorpe. 2 minutes drive to junction 41. been here 12 months and we really like it. smile

DeepPurple Fri 20-Jul-12 21:35:29

I live in clayton west and I love it. Nice village, close to the m1.

JemaPeee Thu 13-Mar-14 02:15:13

Hi ladies....don't suppose anyone lives in or around the Portobello/sandal area of wakefield do you? Im in the process of buying a lovely new house and need to find out what the area is really like.x.

Thanks for your time Jemma:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now