What are the best nurseries, primaries & secondaries in and around Huddersfield?

(4 Posts)
wholesomemum Fri 10-Jan-14 18:39:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wholesomemum Sat 11-Jan-14 15:12:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Eisa2013 Mon 17-Mar-14 14:19:21

I was curious about Huddersfield Grammar too.

namechangenel Fri 02-May-14 19:50:37

Hope you are all still around!

Holmfirth High still a really good high school. Heckmondwike Grammar is a selective, non fee paying grammar - not much going on in Heckmondwike itself I don't think - Mirfield is nearby and a bit more going on there and still near enough to get a place at Heckmondwike on distance if you pass the exam! Don't know much about Huddersfield Grammar, but suspect it is not as academic as the other fee paying grammar schools round here such as those in Wakefield or Bradford. Greenhead College has an outstanding academic reputation and there is a huge amount of expectation of the students.

The other high schools I'd consider are Honley High, Salendine Nook and Shelley College. Kirklees has had some crappy OFSTED reports recently, so don't go on those alone (I'm not a bitter teacher really in a Requires Improvement school!!)

Feel free to fire away with anymore questions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now