Local meet up

(26 Posts)

Good morning Ladies and Gents. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a local meet up after the half term smile?

AutumnRose1988 Thu 19-May-16 17:48:16

Would pregnant ladies be welcome?? X

Of course! Will definitely organise something if there is enough interest.

We'd definitely be interested. There are loads from the area on here (we had a thread last year!) so is it worth popping a link to this one on the main chat pages?

AutumnRose1988 Sun 22-May-16 18:22:18

Hi glen, where did you tend to meet up? Xx

We didn't make it as far as meeting, but the chat was good!!

I'm going to pop a link to this thread on the main chat pages to see if we can get some more people interested and get something organised.

StinkyMcgrinky Sun 22-May-16 20:14:56

I'm over in Holmfirth and would definitely be up for meeting some time. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and have a 16 month old DS so any excuse to get out of the house for some adult conversation grin

Pontification Mon 23-May-16 08:29:35

I'd be interested in meeting up if I'm not working smile

AutumnRose1988 Mon 23-May-16 09:22:55

Well I'm from Barnsley Wakefield border and 20 weeks pregnant with my firsts (twins) would be happy to travel to holmfirth (last of summer wine country hehe) x

tinyterrors Mon 23-May-16 17:17:02

I'm the Wakefield side of Barnsley so possibly not too far from you AutumnRose.

I'd be interested in a meetup if I can get there.

I'm barnsley / wakefield border too!

What does everyone fancy doing. My DD is 6. Do you fancy something with kids or actual grown up conversation without little people?

abixmumof2 Tue 24-May-16 18:34:01

I'm in Ossett and would love to come to the next meetup

AutumnRose1988 Wed 25-May-16 16:54:11

I don't have kids yet (20 weeks pregnant yesterday). I am happy to do whatever people fancy doing. I always wonder how you recognise the group when you get to the meet up lol x

abixmumof2 Fri 03-Jun-16 23:28:54

Has a meetup been planned yet

AutumnRose1988 Sat 04-Jun-16 08:47:44

Not that I'm aware of...not too sure how we would go about it!

mumofboyo Sat 04-Jun-16 09:39:06

I'd be happy to meet up too on a day when I'm not working, though I'd have to bring my 3yr old dd. I'm on the Wakey/Barnsley border too

abixmumof2 Sat 04-Jun-16 12:36:40

Guess we can just arrange one ourselves.
When's best for everyone.

We need to pick a date, venue and figure out how we're going to recognise each other.

Weekends are best for me and as a non driver somewhere on a bus or train route would be good.

mouseymummy Sat 04-Jun-16 22:57:21

I'd be happy to meet up, I've got an 11yo, 3yo and a 2yo.

I'm over near holmfirth so happy for hudds town or maybe holmfirth

I'm free any day apart from Wednesday's smile

abixmumof2 Sun 05-Jun-16 10:06:51

Is there any decent playcentre in Barnsley?

AutumnRose1988 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:53:33

By play centre do u mean soft play area? Chestnut tree at darton?

abixmumof2 Mon 06-Jun-16 23:11:45

Yes sorry i meant soft play area

Depends on your little ones age, abix. For under 5 ' s jolly tots at Penistone was good and I've heard good things about tedz in Barnsley town centre.

playmania at Elsecar heritage centre is good and we also like the chestnut tree play area. A friend really likes pirates cove at Wombwell but I've not been.

A little further (and in Wakefield ) is happy days which is nice. Monkey bizness in Wakefield city centre is well laid out but a bit grotty. And the walnut tree at sandal is good.

And play village in mapplewell is really good too.

LocalEditorSouthYorkshire Tue 28-Jun-16 10:50:18

Hi there would anyone like to meet up on Monday 11th July 10am, I've spoken to Happy Days in Wakefield and they have agreed to do us a deal if there would be interest? Let me know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now