Local Talk

wow is no one on here from hudds

(21 Posts)
kittycats2 Sat 30-Jun-07 00:16:58

i cant beleive no one is from hudds on here!!

kittycats2 Tue 03-Jul-07 11:54:37

believe

sarahhal Sat 14-Jul-07 12:52:21

I am!! Only just found this thread! I'm usually on the Hudds/Wakefield/Barnsley meet up thread.

Where are you?

Tenney73 Mon 24-Sep-07 11:38:27

Hi all. Just joined and if anyone would like to give me a briefing on what you all get up to that would be great:]

AHLH Sat 26-Apr-08 14:32:37

I'm from Scissett, next to Denby Dale. 19+5 with first baby. If there are any more expectant first time mums neaqrby please get in touch!

mezabbas Mon 23-Jul-12 11:57:07

Hi I'm from hd2, I'm a 23 weeks, first time mum. Its great to see expectant mothers from hudds, I don't really know anybody here as I here moved last year. Is anybody else close to hd2?

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 12:07:19

I'm in HD4!! I'm 33 weeks with number 2!! I have been on here for a while now!!

mezabbas Mon 23-Jul-12 13:17:24

Hi ithastobeNAICEham I recently found this website and think its brill. Not long to go for you now, what is the 3rd trimester like? Is it more like the 1st or the 2nd trimester?

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 14:45:06

Its tiring like the first but its a different kind of tired, more like exhaustion on the brink of falling asleep standing up!!

Plus I'm soo hungry its unreal!! If I don't have something to eat every couple of hours I feel very hungry and irratable!! I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of weight to loose when baby comes!!

How are you finding your pregnancy??

mezabbas Mon 23-Jul-12 15:46:03

I'm always hungry too and have to eat in small portions. My energy levels are fine unless I go into town and wonder around, in which case I get tired easily and just end up sitting on the nearest bench I could find.

I'm really excited about my little one but, but I'm also nervous. The thing I'm most concerned about is discipline. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, some people say pick up a crying baby, others say don't pick up the baby. Some say follow the babies lead regarding feedings, others have a routine.

The whole situation is complicated because I feel there is no right or wrong answer. What would you suggest?

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 15:58:56

Personaally, I'd follow babies lead on the routine thing, my daughter fell into a routine pretty quickly! You learn the babies cries (ie, hungry, tired, need changing, just crying for the sake of it). If you want to pick her or him up then go for it! I don't see the "leave the baby crying and they won't need it" thing!! Babies need time with mummy and need holding!

You're right, there isn't a wrong or right in that situation. All I can suggest is, just follow your instincts as a mummy! Its all you can do!

I'm like that now, with town! I go in once a week and it near on kills me every week! I've gotta go staright up to bed for an hour after I get back!

I've gotta go to Halifax tomorrow to visit my new nephews! I know I'm gonna be shattered, but it'll be worth it to have a squeeze with em!!

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 15:59:49

Sorry for the typo's!!

BikeRunSki Brazil Mon 23-Jul-12 16:06:02

I'm from Huddersfield (I was AHLH, above). I organised an HD8 meet up recently, but happy to come into town.

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 17:07:43

Sounds like a plan bike!!

mezabbas Mon 23-Jul-12 17:24:29

Your right, I guess the mummy instinct will kick in once my little one comes. I'm trying not to think to much the right or the wrong way and hopefully just do my best.

Have a great time tomorrow. Visiting family is fab! Having that support network is great and yep hugging the babies is the best part!!!

mezabbas Mon 23-Jul-12 17:45:15

It'd be good to meet up with other mum to be's.

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 17:56:05

The best is all you can do! Put any worries to the back of your head and concentrate on the baby that's inside you!!

If you need anything then PM me, I'm online most days so I'll be able to get back to ya!!

mezabbas Mon 23-Jul-12 19:04:36

Thank you, that'd be great smile

BikeRunSki Brazil Mon 23-Jul-12 19:31:30

All you mums to be in Huddersfield need to find your nearest Surestart Children's Centre. There are loads across Kirkless, all provide info, help and activities for babies and preschoolers. My local one (Denby Dale) was priceless when DS was a baby, I practically lived there. The level of service has been cut across the borough, but still worth checking out.

HD4 - is that Almondbury way? There's a children's centre in Almondbury, Dalton and Lowerhouses.

HD1 - is that town centre? There's one in Fartown.

ithastobeNAICEham Mon 23-Jul-12 19:47:43

I'm already registered at the lowerhouses one smile I love em! I had my antenatal classes there when I was pregnant with my DD and they have been helpful with this pg too!!

I second the recommendation!!

Currently sat on the doorstep as I'm too hot again!! Its 15 mins til I call my DD in to get ready for bed and then I'm gonnaa jump in the bath with my book later! Bloody shattered today tho!

Dippy001 Sun 19-Aug-12 21:37:47

Hi
I'm in HD2. I had my second in July (first is 2 now). I went to the breastfeeding bistro in town as advised by the HV and midwife. I wanted to meet other mums -- only to find it hasn't been running for ages! Was annoyed as it had taken a lot of organisation to get out on time. I'll try something else on the list when I can again as I'm going bonkers at home all the time and feel bad for my girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now