Local Talk

Local playcentres...put your recommendations here please.

(18 Posts)
PaceOfLife Thu 03-Jun-10 23:36:31

I thought it would be a good idea to have a local thread running about local play centres so if you have been to one in the Wakefield area recently then please add your recommendations to this thread.

AnyFuleKno Sun 11-Jul-10 20:21:34

Little Monsters in Ossett is a favourite of mine. Big well looked after play area with a separate area for tinies. Some of the meals are from Blacker Hall Farm Shop so v good quality. Parking is right behind (I think about £1 for two hours?)

Xscape playzone is good too, but always busy and food and drinks not so good.

BuzzingNoise Mon 12-Jul-10 08:56:03

I like Little Legz in Leeds (it's up the hill from the White Rose). It's got a good sized toddler play area and a massive climbing bit with a 4 lane slide. There is alos a gaming area for older kids (or dads!) and the food is good too.
You can join them on FaceBook and print out vouchers to use there.

rachel87 Tue 13-Jul-10 22:27:59

funalot in castleford
also big top in pontefract,
are quite good.
also polka dots in Garforth they also have a website www.polkadotkids.co.uk
cheeky monkeys in wakefield

love rach

knickers0nmyhead Mon 19-Jul-10 19:51:03

Cheeky Monkeys on Grantley street in Wakefield...last time I went it was still a shithole bit messy....But better than it has been in the past, and still they have miserable staff.

Playstation in Ossett.....tis a good place if you don't mind waiting ages to be seen at the desk..and can be quite expensive but they have a locked gate at the front which is great for escapees!!!

Little Monsters in Ossett.....Seems like a nice place now my dc's are big enough for the bigger area.

LeapFrogs in Skelmanthorpe....lovely place and the homecooked food is delish although to far for me to get to now so I have not been in a while.

JellyBeans in Denby Dale? ....A small place and very expensive but ok as a one off now and again.

AnyFuleKno Sun 23-Jan-11 21:38:21

knickers I think cheeky monkeys has gone now? mysteriously burnt down!

Phoenix Fri 28-Jan-11 21:52:27

AFAIK the only one to have burnt down in Wakey is Alphabet Zoo in Thornes.

Leapfrogs is good but again not been for ages.

ItsPotatoesForYouMyLad Sat 29-Jan-11 23:59:54

Play Village at Mapplewell has been revamped and is back on track.
Leapfrogs at Skelmanthorpe remains our favourite

Phoenix Mon 31-Jan-11 21:51:02

Hey Potatoes how are you?

ItsPotatoesForYouMyLad Thu 03-Feb-11 20:00:43

hiya, i'm good ta. Good to see you still on here, how are you and ds? do you have any more yet? I haven't been on here for years, but was up the other night with ds and his earache. (thought i'd check for advice...)

fatzak Thu 03-Feb-11 20:07:42

OMG potatoes, how the heck are you? Believe it or not your name came up in a conversation I was having with DH just last week (without outing you he was talking about doing some work for someone who had same business as your family..)

Glad to hear you're all ok.

Phoenix Thu 03-Feb-11 20:13:09

Yes i have another boy (19mth). They're both in my profile . We're all good thanks, do you have anymore?

Hi Fatzak

fatzak Thu 03-Feb-11 20:15:42

Good grief Phoenix, is he really 19 months [shcck]

Send my best wishes to Tracy won't you when you see her, sounds like she's having a really tough time of it at the mo.

Phoenix Thu 03-Feb-11 20:24:40

He sure is Fatzak, time flies.

I will do but i haven't seen her for ages either with all her hospital appointments and my work and stuff. We chat on facebook more than anything.

Phoenix Wed 09-Feb-11 20:48:36

You all disappeared again now?

GabySolis Fri 25-Feb-11 22:05:44

Only just seen this part of Mumsnet as only just finding my way around!
With two young 'uns I know all about soft play centres lol smile
The best ones are

-Funalot in Castleford - inexpensive, unlimited play and areas for both babies and toddlers and all well laid out so you can always see what your monkies are up to!
-Polka Dotz in Garforth is also great, loads for all ages to do and a lovely cafe area.

PaceOfLife Sat 26-Feb-11 09:30:10

LittleLegz in Beeston is currently closed but I don't know why.

Hello all grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now