Local Talk

Maternity Unit and NCT- what are your experiences?

(4 Posts)
whizzyrocket Wed 10-Aug-11 15:23:44

Hey there, as I said in the other thread I'll be moving to the area in September, just a month before my baby is due, so I was wondering whether any of you have any recommendations regarding what is particularly good for new mums locally?

Also as the thread title suggests I have to choose where to have my little one.. the maternity unit sounds good but is lack of pain relief a problem? Do they keep it clean? I've read other threads suggesting that in some places you'd need a pair of flip flops for the shower. And how much support do they give you?

I'm also considering joining the NCT for their antenatal classes but as money is a little tight at the mo as we need new furniture for our baby (if we take the course I may have to put off buying a new coat this winter!) I'd love to hear whether you think the support and advice is worth the unholy fee!

Also, is anyone here Christian? Which churches would you recommend? We'll be on RAF Benson, but I'm not sure there is a chapel and the impression I get of Ewelme's church by snooping online is that it's pretty, traditional with little going on beyond the Sunday services. Am I right?

Mark863 Sat 03-Sep-11 22:55:20

Hi whizzyrocket

We are currently living at RAF Benson. There is a chapel on camp which holds services each week.

My wife is due any time now(she is not into forums, hence my occasional visit on here!) and she has opted for the maternity unit in Wallingford.

Capreece Mon 12-Sep-11 14:11:15

I love the maternity unit - the ante natal care has been excellent and they can always transfer you if you change your mine about pain relief. There's also loads of stuff to do with new babies, I posted a whole list somewhere, let me see if I can find a link to the thread...

Capreece Mon 12-Sep-11 14:15:26

Never mind - I see you already found the thread I was referring to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now