Local Talk

Any Germans in Walthamstow?

(5 Posts)
DuckyDoo Thu 12-Jul-12 22:59:21

I've just moved to Walthamstow village with my German husband and 6 month old who is being raised bilingually. I'm really keen to meet other Germans with kids to support the German side of things (especially as Papa is at work all day....) and to basically make some friends! Are there any Germans out there?

Mikocat Sat 21-Jul-12 09:52:45

Hello, can't help except to say that I live in walthamstow and went to a post-natal pilates class where there was a woman talking to her 10 month old (girl) in German and English, so may be you'll bump into her in your travels!

Good luck with the bilingual thing, I lived in Germany for a while and always planned to marry a German and raise a bilingual child, but sadly ended up falling in love with a boring old Englishman! :-)

DuckyDoo Wed 05-Sep-12 16:53:10

Thanks Mikocat. I don't think there are many Germans about! Could you tell me where the pilates class was? Was it any good? I need to get doing something although with an 8 month old I'm not really post natal any more!!! Where did you live in Germany? It's always the way - I bagged him in the Middle East and had far more exotic types in mind!

Mika1 Mon 11-Feb-13 12:00:14

Hello, my name is Michaela and I live in Leytonstone which is a short bus ride away from Walthamstow. I have a 6 month old boy and also try to raise him in a german speaking environment, therefore would love to meet up. Please email me on michaelakrog@gmail.com

TiTal Tue 26-Mar-13 17:16:25

Hallo, ich bin eine deutsche Mutterr und lebe in Walthamstow. Sag Bescheid, wenn du dich mal treffen magst. Es gibt auch eine Facebook Gruppe von Deutschen walthamstow parents. Es gibt erstaunlich viele :-). Meine email adresse ist bettina.talbot@gmail.com. Lieber Gruss, Bettina

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now