Local Talk

playgrounds in leytonstone / walthamstow

(5 Posts)
mia1972 Sun 02-Sep-12 16:06:23

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have just moved to leytonstone close to whipps cross and i am trying to find out what playgrounds there are around here. I have a newborn but my friends that would like to visit with toddlers would like to know where we can go with them ...
Any suggestion are welcome !

TheCyclist Thu 06-Sep-12 13:15:14

Hi Mia1972 - welcome to Leytonstone.

Do you know about Brooks City Farm?

http://www.ianvisits.co.uk/blog/2011/04/19/city-farm-review-brooks-farm/

Playgrounds are a bit sparse on your side of Leytonstone - though there are quite a few nearer Stratford/Leyton. There's also Henry Reynolds Gardens just off the Green Man Roundabout, just by the Quaker HQ. The 'village green' (ahem) at Wanstead is also very nice. You've also got the London end of Epping Forest by Hollow Ponds - though you might not want to take a newborn and toddlers boating!

mia1972 Mon 17-Sep-12 21:52:03

Thanks a lot

mewkins Fri 05-Oct-12 23:07:39

Hiya, there's Abbotts Park at the bottom of Lyndhurst Drive. Many happy hours playing there as a kid. LloydsPark in Walthamstow and another in Walthamstow village and the nice Valentines Park not too far away in Ilford. Most councils have details on their website if you look up the Waltham Forest one.

Walthamstowdad Wed 17-Oct-12 12:15:00

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now