Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Local Talk

Moving to Walthamstow - GP/yoga/nursery?

(9 Posts)
heyldayray Fri 16-Nov-12 19:32:32

Hi everyone!
I'm moving to Walthamstow next week and am looking for a few things (I know, I don't ask for much!)

A good GP? Preferably one that means I can stay with Homerton Hospital for my delivery in April - I understand only part of Waltham Forest is served by Homerton?

A good pregnancy yoga class?

Any recommended nurseries? (thinking ahead!)

Luckily I already the new vet sorted for the pets! smile

Also I stupidly typo-ed my new 'local' username - can you change it anywhere?

Babygardener Sat 17-Nov-12 16:23:31

All of Walthamstow is covered by Whipps for maternity care. However if you are already booked at Homerton you should not have to change. If you want a homebirth though, you will have to transfer to whipps (who, like the Homerton, have a dedicated team).

In terms of gP. it depends where you are for catchments.

PsiMonkE17 Wed 21-Nov-12 10:55:06

If you're in the right area, we can thoroughly recommend The Firs. Getting through to get an appointment can be hard - although that seems to be par for the course round here. But once you've got an appointment, the doctors are really good.

highamhillandhappy Wed 21-Nov-12 21:01:04

Very happy with Addison Rd/Comely Bank though apparently catchment has changed so depends where you are moving to. Stayed at UCLH for babies (various reasons) and there was no bother.
Nursery Lloyd Park Centre or Higham Hill Daycare but recommend getting on the waiting list well before the babe is born.
Pregnancy yoga I went to Active Birth Centre in Archway but friends here went to Healthworks. Good luck with the move!

Keithroad Sat 05-Jan-13 20:09:34

I booked for two births at homerton while living in Waltham forest

Sandifoot Wed 16-Jan-13 14:08:45

I went to a fantastic pregnancy yoga teacher in Walthamstow called Christina
email: christina.lecerf@laposte.net

http://www.christinalecerf.com/

I attended her classes for my 2nd preganacy when I moved to the area about 2 years ago and also took my baby to the baby yoga which was also great. I would highly recommend and check out her website for the latest venue as it may have changed since I attended

Yoga4BirthE17 Fri 25-Jan-13 16:57:00

Hi Christina, I teach yoga for pregnancy, baby massage and birth preparation. My classes are in Leytonstone just by the Green Man roundabout. Quaker Meeting House, Bush Road, E11. Its a good opportunity to meet new mums, a lot of women come from the Walthamstow area and they are all friendly and supportive.

I also run Baby massage groups in Chingford and sometimes from my home in Walthamstow. Have a look at my websiste www.yoga4birth.co.uk. I hope you find what you are looking for. I have been teaching in this are for 20 years now.

I only moved to Walthamstow myself a year and half ago and everyone has been welcoming.

I am also on the MSLC for WX, always advocating for choice for women.

Yoga4BirthE17 Fri 25-Jan-13 16:58:55

Just read the thread again. I am the local Active Birth Teacher.

lenac Thu 21-Mar-13 14:23:45

I had the most amazing pregnancy yoga teacher - Helen Georghiou - she teaches at the Quaker Meeting House on Bush Road.
I went to her following two births by emergency C-section. For my third I was desperate to give birth naturally. I managed to do so when I had my son last year and I honestly think it was Helen's weekly class that gave me the strength and breathing abilities to do so. She was brilliant. I also ended up looking better than I did before I was pregnant! She has a website www.helenyoga.co.uk
She also does non-pregnancy too but now I've got 3 kids I'm too busy to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now