Moving to Queens Road

(2 Posts)
Wangthamstow Sun 05-Jun-16 22:56:16

I'm new to this beautiful platform that Mumsnet is, but in a short time I've noticed that true urban knowledge lives within, so apologies if this thread is repeated but I just need some Walthamstow guidance.

My DH and I are moving to QueensRoad, any advice on the area, road and the big religious building at the end?

soundsystem Mon 06-Jun-16 17:35:04

We nearly moved there but the house we were buying fell through and we moved just South of Lea Bridge Road instead (just over the border into Leyton).

I mean, what do you want to know, if you're moving there you obviously have some sense of the area?

It's the less gentrified/more affordable bit of Walthamstow. Easy to get down to Leyton/Stratford and over to Hackney as well as everywhere you can get to from Walthamstow Central. The "big religious building" - again, what do you want to know? I guess you mean the mosque?

Schools: Edinburgh Road is good with some outstanding features, Thomas Gamuel I think is a lot better than the last Ofsted report makes it looks - it's now run by the Lion Academy trust who run Barclay Primary (recently rated outstanding).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now