Local Talk

Can you recommend an architect?

(7 Posts)
kelpie6333 Wed 11-Apr-12 18:49:55

We are looking to do our loft (and possibly kitchen too). Can anyone recommend an architect who works in SW London?? Thanks!

Moflo Wed 25-Apr-12 13:26:39

Hi - I can recommend the firm Thomas & Spiers who are based in SE17 and do a lot of work in SE and SW London.

I'll fess up that the "Spiers" part of it is my husband, Christophe, so I am somewhat biased, but they have plenty of clients who can talk to you if you would like.

You can see some of their work here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=300134130054179&set=a.198583650209228.47232.168343899899870&type=1&theater

(The picture above is of a kitchen extension, and the client also had a loft done)

And this is their website: www.thomasandspiers.com/

Hope this is helpful!

Moknicker Thu 26-Apr-12 10:44:23

Hi
We used Robin Arthur to do our kitchen and loft conversion. They provide a good basic service and are competitive on price.

http://www.arthur-architects.com/

The builders they recommended to us were good.

Birthmatters Sat 16-Jun-12 00:00:17

I can highly recommend Fredrik Rissom, R2 Studio Architects. He has just completed a front and back extension for my house in East Dutwich. He is very reliable and hard work. He perfectly understood what we wanted and turn our wishes into reality. Can only recommend him highly.
Personal details:

Frederik 07525 944 674, frederik@r2studio.co.uk

jgdh Sat 25-Aug-12 23:11:43

I can definitely recommend Thomas de Cruz, based in Chiswick. Their web site is: http://thomasdecruz.com/

SophieBatesArchitect Fri 05-Apr-13 11:56:45

Hi - I might be able to help you. I am an RIBA registered architect based in North Kingston. I have over 10 years experience and client references on my website www.sophiebates.com. I would be more than happy to come and meet you. I offer a highly professional service and can also not just provide you with ideas and drawings for permissions but help with selection of builders and running of the project on site if you require. I can also offer interior design for kitchens, bathrooms,lighting and any joinery. My phone number is 07725 501683 or email sophie@sophiebates.com - please let me know if I can be of any help.

example of local refurbishment:
www.sophiebates.com/projects/residential/kenmare-nest-house

example of extension, conservatory and basement extension:
www.sophiebates.com/news/planning-permission-gained-for-a-contemporary-basement/

audrey01 Sun 21-Apr-13 10:18:11

Hi - not sure if you found anyone yet. But if you're still looking, I can highly recommend the architect we're currently using - David Burgess, from Burgess Mean Architects, who's helping us with the extension of our house (loft, side, internal structural alterations).

David was recommended to us as someone with a very good eye for design, very professional, done lots of work in Wandsworth, even my father-in-law who is an architect in another country was full of praise for David's design for our house (and he's a very difficult man to please :-)).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now