Local Talk

Broomwood vs finton house??

(6 Posts)
Honesttodog Wed 19-Sep-12 20:29:47

Help! Unexpectedly been offered a place at finton when we assumed we wouldn't get one. I loved FH, dp loves BH. Dp is white and I am not and i am a bit nervy about snobbery at BH. I am not very good at conforming but I suppose BH would a veery good formative environment for my ratheer bossy, headstrong, lively little girl. She is veery sociable and well liked so I think she'll do well anywhere, but does need to get better at doing what she is told when in a group.

Will have a chat with her nursery but any thoughts??

SuiGeneris Sat 22-Sep-12 06:33:29

No help here but will have to make a choice over the next few weeks so would be interested in your thoughts. What did your nursery say?

Honesttodog Sat 22-Sep-12 23:00:23

Nursery feel broomwood suits her best, offers more structure, good arts programme.

she knows a few kids going next yr too.

Hope to go see each school again next wk.

SuiGeneris Sun 23-Sep-12 11:32:52

Very interesting... We will be going round the schools again shortly too.

Are you going for BH? Does your nursery send many children there? Friends and I were wondering whether some nurseries just tend to favour certain schools or if it is that parents that have chosen a certain nursery then pick a similar school...

arniesidd Sun 23-Sep-12 16:21:20

What about the local state schools? Honeywell/Belleville, if you're lucky enough to be in the ever-diminishing catchment area?

wandymum Wed 26-Sep-12 13:47:27

My son started at Broomwood this September and is loving it so far. Don't worry about the rumours about BH being 'snobby'. You'll hear all sorts - someone even told me that I wouldn't be allowed to wear jeans to pick up - but it's rubbish. So far all the other parents have been very friendly and 'normal'. I think the social demographic of Broomwood and Finton is pretty much the same anyway.

Both great schools so I'm sure she'll be happy whichever you go for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now