Local Talk

Advice on moving to Earlsfield?

(5 Posts)
JaneB72 Thu 14-Mar-13 19:31:34

Hi there
I'm hoping somebody might be kind enough to give me some insider local info on Earlsfield. We're looking to buy a house in the area between Openview and Swaby Road as it seems like a lovely, quiet residential area. Does anybody have any experience to the contrary or think there are any good or bad points about living there? Any info or advice would be really appreciated!
Thank you,
Jane

charfree Fri 05-Apr-13 16:15:53

Hi - we love Earlsfield. Have been here for 3 years and think we'll be here for a long time. Amazing community spirit - in our road (round the corner from you) we all know each other, meet socially and help out with kids. Plus there are excellent schools. Let me know if you have any specific questions about the area!

LolaCokaCola Thu 04-Jul-13 12:53:19

Hi, I'm moving close to Swaby road in August, I want to help my DCs (13,6,2) settle as quickly as possible (all very nervous about moving) so does anyone have any tips or clubs or classes my DCs can do to make friends?
Sorry for the hijack JaneB72 smile

tiggy20 Tue 16-Jul-13 11:23:38

Lovely area to live. My son did Playball up at Spencer Cricket Club which was a good place to make friends. Also classes up on Wandsworth Common at Common Ground cafe. Loads going on at Northcote Rd too.

The one o clock club at the park at the bottom of Garrett Lane was good too but not sure if it is closing down? (we've just moved out of the area).

MamaLazarou Sat 17-Aug-13 13:29:54

Absolutely move to Earlsfield. It's a great place to live, especially if you have young kids. We moved here last year and have never looked back. There are lots of one o'clock clubs and playgroups and lots to do in Wandsworth & Tooting, too. Great travel links, multicultural, quiet but thriving. I love Earlsfield!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now