Join Link Up Battersea for coffee on 14 July

(1 Post)
Batvolunteer Tue 12-Jul-16 12:15:17

Come and join us for a coffee to learn more about Link Up Battersea and skills-based volunteering on Thursday July 14th at Gail’s on Northcote Road (SW11 6QL). We will be there between 8.30 and 10am.

Link Up Battersea ( is connecting volunteers to work on meaningful projects locally. The time commitment is flexible, so it takes out the juggling act with childcare commitments and fits into busy lives. This is a wonderful opportunity to use your skills for positive change in the community around you. The charities and social enterprises need you to increase their impact. Whatever your skills are – human resources, project development, finance, legal, marketing, photography, interior design, computers, to name only a few, they are valued and needed.

Belen, a Link Up volunteer had taken time off work to care for her four children. She had been looking for something to do that would fit in to her routine, and this Link Up project was ideal.

“I was respected and trusted to deliver, and I did it! I’m now ready to be challenged further” she commented after successfully completing the project. She had been sharing her interior design knowledge with a local community centre that works with youth, older people and newly-arrived communities. The charity wanted a fresh pair of professional eyes to assess the building and make recommendations to improve the facilities for the benefit of local people in Battersea. Belen continued, “it fulfilled both sides, it helped the community but also helped me put myself forward to do something I don’t normally think I can do – it pulled me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to apply my skills and realise I can do it!”

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now