Local Talk

Awareness and fundraising for children's brain tumour research

(2 Posts)
AnitaHOConnor Sat 09-Mar-13 17:05:12

I wanted to share with you an inspirational and moving 4 min video I made about a group of 20 women undertaking an extreme challenge in the Lake District in May 2013 to raise £100,000 for children's brain tumour research. We will undertake a 71km crossing of the Lakes from south to north over 24hrs non-stop by canoe, bike and foot.

Three of the 20 women (including me) are mums who lost our darling daughters - Abbie (6), Elsie (6) and Grace (5) - to a DIPG brain tumour - a tumour which only affects children and is terminal on diagnosis with children given 9-12 months to live. We are raising vital funds so that more effective treatment and a cure can be found.

Please watch and share our inspirational 4 min video which tells our girls' stories and why we are undertaking our challenge.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCmb3JmRbOE

We also have a JustGiving site running www.justgiving.com/mumsagainstdipg

If you would like to help us fundraise by running your own activity we would love to hear about it and help you.

With best wishes
Anita with Elsie forever in my heart xx

wandsworthma Mon 11-Mar-13 16:29:59

Anita
Thanks for posting and good luck with the campaign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now