Local Talk

Mumsnet needs your help!

(8 Posts)
wandsworthma Wed 14-Nov-12 10:06:24

Hello, I'm local editor for Mumsnet Wandsworth. Now Local Talk is up and running (sort of!) we'd love to hear from any mums, dads (or grans) who can help build our local site and make it a great resource for Wandsworth families and those new to the area. We're looking for Local Ambassadors to come to monthly meet-ups with other mums or mums-to-be and exchange tips and advice or just have a chat. And who can tell us about their favourite baby group, class or café. In return, we've got free tickets for great children's shows, treats and discounts at local businesses smile.

amina84 Wed 21-Nov-12 11:52:12

hello... i just moved in in the Area and would love to meet some locals and get my head busy ...so i'm up to help out is tooting still in your catchment area?? smile

wandsworthma Sun 25-Nov-12 17:01:34

Hi amina84, Welcome to the area! Tooting is definitely in our catchment area. Thanks for offering to help. Will PM you some further details.

Jamessouthfields Thu 13-Dec-12 08:35:59

Morning wandsworthma,
I live in Southfields, have a 3 year old girl and 2 week old baby boy... Would be happy to share some local knowledge, etc...

Jibberty Sat 22-Dec-12 02:44:02

Hello. Been in and out of Northcote and around Wandsworth over the past 20 years. 3 older DC, were at Honeywell, now at uni and finishing last couple of years at school. One younger 3.10 DD, at nursery school and off to Lord knows where next September.

wandsworthma Mon 31-Dec-12 20:12:15

Hello Jibberty and Jamessouthfields, thanks for responding! I've been in the throes of moving house and so haven't been checking in as often as I should, so apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I'm hoping to arrange a get together soon for those interested in being an LA (Local Ambassador) for us in the next couple of weeks. We can share some local knowledge... If you'd rather not meet face to face let me know, otherwise I'll post some possible dates and venues next week when my DS is back at school grin.

Anotherwandsworthmum Thu 03-Jan-13 17:23:53

Hi, I'd be interested in this also. I've lived in Wandsworth nearly 10years I have dd 2.5 and ds 9 months.

Jibberty Sun 06-Jan-13 09:18:59

Hello again and Happy New Year. Yep, I'd be interested in a get together. DD goes back to nursery school on Thursday this week (thank goodness!), so I'll be free every morning after then between about 9 and noon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now