Local Talk

New to Battersea

(8 Posts)
Arismama Sun 06-Jan-13 20:40:55

Hi there! I'm Abby, 27 y/o wife & full time mother to 19 m/o DD.

Originally from Australia - have been in London 7 years - my husband 12 years - however have just moved from Nottinghill to Battersea in December and looking to meet some new friends with kid/s who live locally.

Am very easygoing and love a chat- doesn't always have to be baby related!

So far have been checking out the local park & cafes and seems very family friendly but would be interested to hear about any toddler activities in the area or just arrange a play date with any like minded parents.

Thanks & looking forward to hearing from you!
Abby & Ari

JenniBattersea Mon 04-Feb-13 14:57:41

Hi - just saw this and wondered if you'd gotten any replies? Welcome to Battersea! We have a 17 month old and have lived in battersea for 5 years (13 years for my husband!) would be happy to share any local knowledge that might be helpful!

Maccawacca Tue 06-Aug-13 10:58:36

I've just moved to Battersea and looking to meet new friends for myself and 2.5 year old daughter. I'm Australian too! Let me know if you want to have a play date!

wandsworthma Tue 06-Aug-13 16:06:00

Hello Maccawacca, and welcome to the area!

Hope you managed to find some playdates. We're hoping to organise some group meet-ups in Battersea in the autumn. Will keep you posted. Meanwhile, do add your name to the Battersea group so we can keep you up to date. Here's the link: local.mumsnet.com/wandsworth/group-meet-ups/battersea

And if you fancy the idea of being a group co-ordinator, just let me know!

Editor, Mumsnet Wandsworth

Alua Tue 17-Sep-13 16:22:40

Hi Mums,
I´m new in the area (Battersea-wandsworth) and I´m a bit worred about this because I don t know anyone.I´m Spanish and I would like to meet new Mums or group for socialize and spend a lovely time. I have a Little princess 4 months old.

Thanks.

WandsworthLocalEd Wed 18-Sep-13 11:32:02

Hello Alua and welcome!

We're hoping to arrange a Battersea Mumsnet meet-up soon. Meanwhile, do join our Battersea group (just click on the 'Meet-ups' button). We'll keep you posted about the next get-together. Looking forward to meeting the little princess grin

Gemma36 Mon 14-Oct-13 23:11:57

Hi, Gemma here ( 36 yr old). I'm very new to the Battersea Park area and would love to meet some Mums to be and new Mums. I'm 7 months pregnant with my first! Moved over from Dublin, Ireland with my partner a few months ago. I love the area so far and the people seem genuinely friendly and down to earth. Anyway hope to hear from some of you soon. Thanks.

WandsworthLocalEd Wed 16-Oct-13 17:55:43

Hello, and welcome (and congratulations)!

We're hoping to organise a meet-up next week at Eat Play Love in Battersea. Either on Monday or Wednesday. It will probably be at 11am - hope you can make it. All new, not so new mums or mums to be are very welcome. We'll keep you posted, but meanwhile do join our Battersea meet-up group. Just click on the meet ups tab at the top of the Mumsnet Wandsworth homepage and add your name to the Battersea group.

Hope to see you soon!

Local editor, Mumsnet Wandsworth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now