Local Talk

School holiday clubs

(7 Posts)

Me and DD will be moving to Warrington on August 2nd. She's been off school for 10 days already, so by the time she goes back she will have had 12 weeks holiday.
I'd like to get her into some clubs locally so she can get to know some children and not be bored at home.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? She is 10 and open to pretty much anything apart from tarantula holding.

Come on, that's two days and no one has posted anything. Poor DD will be bored rigid.

alienbump Thu 30-Jun-11 09:21:02

Not sure if this will work as I'm attempting to cut and paste on my iPhone so anything could happen www.littlesuperstars.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=15 .... now if that works it should take you through to a holiday multi sports thingy that my kids have gone to for odd days over the years. They've always really enjoyed it as it's quite relaxed, good mixture of team games and just running round playing hide and seek, oh and they get to swim at some point every day too. You can do full or half days, some kids go every day if their parents need it as childcare and others just go for the odd day when they're bored (my kids!). Not sure which one would be closest to you, we're over in Stockton Heath so my lot have always gone to Broomfields but think they're run in most corners of town. Will have a think and post some more ideas when I actually get out of bed and am on laptop ( god love the teachers and their strike, was soooo ready for a lazy start to the day!)

Brilliant, that's just what I was looking for. We are going to be living in Padgate, but I have no idea of the geography of Warrington despite having visited four times.

alienbump Thu 30-Jun-11 15:31:31

Ok, well Woolston would be the best one for you then I think - she might even meet some future classmates there! Another thing that runs through the school holidays is a climbing club at www.northwestface.com/ , they are usually on every day, and it's a two hour session for a group of kids with an instructor. This is a nice one if they like climbing as it carries on all year at weekends, and they get to meet and make friends with kids from all over Warrington (and further afield, DS1 is off to a birthday party on Saturday in Manchester which is one his friends from climbing). Only drawback to this is the cost, I've now got three climbing addicts and while £11 for two hours is probably reasonable £33 every Sunday for the three of them does make me go a bit pale... On the plus side, it's in an old church next door to a huge Tesco and I get to go shopping childfree and probably make most of the £33 back through the absence of their combined pester power!

She'd like the climmbing bit, I've seen the place, I was driving around last month and kept meeting the Rugby stadium.

babagail Tue 05-Jul-11 20:29:35

Hi, as your moving to Padgate which is not too far from Cadishead, just down the A57. My daughter goeas to a great dance school there, Stagecraft. They do allsorts for both adults and kids, ballet, singing, streetdance, drama, hoolahooping etc. Great set of mums too! ww.stagecraftdanceandtheatreschool.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now