Local Talk

GP & Dentist recommendation in Stockton Heath please

(7 Posts)
SunnyUpNorth Mon 23-Jan-12 18:12:18

Hi,
We are relocating from London to SH in a couple of weeks!

Just wondered if anyone can recommend a good GP surgery and a good dentist.

Near me in London there are so many different types of GPs. When I was pregnant I realised too late that some GPs had groups of midwives attached to them that offered really good care through pregnancy and birth, others had midwives available for the checkups during pregnancy and others had no midwifery service affiliated with them and patients would have to visit the midwife at the hospital.

If there is any super good midwifery service attached to any local surgeries in SH I want to know about it in advance this time! Oh and one with a good health visitor would be good too.

Any other general local info would be greatly appreciated...good groups for a 1 year old, good local amenities etc. Getting excited!

Thanks.

RockChick1984 Sat 28-Jan-12 23:12:21

Stockton Heath medical centre is excellent, it's the only surgery actually in the centre, but I was under their care during my pregnancy and they were fantastic. Moved partway through pregnancy so not sure about hv after birth etc. Not sure about dentists, none of the local ones were accepting NHS patients when I moved there, so I am at Padgate Dental on the other side of Warrington. Hope the move goes well!

iMemoo Sat 28-Jan-12 23:24:37

Don't go to Latchford dental practice. They are awful. The women we see there is so rubbish with the kids I'm going to have to find somewhere else.

Can second Stockton health medical centre. Fab they are.

We live in Warrington. DD goes to the smiles centre on Palmyra square. She sees a very nice Greek dentist.
Do you have a woodburning stove by any chance? I'm trying to get rid of a load of wood. For Free.

Ambi Thu 09-Feb-12 13:48:18

I go to signature smiles on Palmyra square, they're still accepting NHS as they are fairly new.
Kreecher, I'd happily accept your wood!!

Really? send me a PM and it's yours.

SunnyUpNorth Sun 19-Feb-12 19:59:04

Hi,
Thanks for the replies,have only just seen them all as went a bit 'offline' over the move.
Have picked up the forms for the medical centre but will have to wait a bit for a dentist. No one is accepting new patients!!

Kreecher - I have sent you aPM as do have a wood burner in the new house so would love your wood if still available.

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now